Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reciprocal links, are they good, bad or ugly and is it necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciprocal links, are they good, bad or ugly and is it necessary?

I am still working on my website getting it fine tuned. Are reciprocal links
    necessary for high page ranking on yahoo, google ect. I have been searching all other lighting vendors and only a few of them have the links to other suppliers. So I thought I might want to give this a try so I might get a higher ranking on the major search engines. Currently I am 154 with yahoo using antique light as the search words and I am 227 with google. And what are the robot meta tags and how and where do I get them and use them.

Thank You gaswizard, Paul

www.qualitylighting.net

Re: Reciprocal links, are they good, bad or ugly and is it necessary?

Hi, a few more key words can only help,
    Like: chandelier, gas lights, lighting restorers, brass lights, wall lights, crystal chandeliers, lamp shades, Chandelier spares & so on. But make sure these words & phrases are incorporated in the pages text.
    Just as a note: Might be worth looking at a different way of showing your images.
    This page http://www.qualitylighting.net/projects.html is over 1.5meg & most of the other image pages are over 1 meg. (Slowing things down a lot) On a couple of pages your background image is at about 350kb, yet on others its only 160kb ??
    With your images, it would be good to name these correctly, as chances are if I was searching for a chandelier, I would be searching via Google images.
    IE: if I was searching for a brass wall light, I wouldn’t enter “blue%20voda8” in the search box. http://www.qualitylighting.net/blue%20voda8.jpg
    But maybe “brass-wall-light” http://www.qualitylighting.net/brass-wall-light.jpg might work better. The SE's will also list this a lot better.

Good luck. (It all helps with the rankings)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, How can I find the the kbs and mgs for each page so I can shrink them down for fast loading time for my website viewers. I could not find them.

Thanks

Paul, Gaswizard

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

Paul: In your browser window you can right click on the image and go to properties. That will give you the kb. Another way is if you have downloaded pixresizer and bring up an image in there, it will also tell you the size over on the lower right. Of course you can always just access your windows explorer folder and view your image file. Set the view for details and that will also show you the kb. Lots of ways! Your site is looking great by the way!!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi these links may help as well.
          Web Page Analyzer – 0.98 – from Website Optimization Free Website Performance Tool and Web Page Speed Analysis Try our free web site speed test to improve website performance. Enter a URL below to calculate page size, composition, and download time. The script calculates the size of individual elements and sums up each type of ... Read more

Might be an idea to also change the title names of your pages to include the words lighting & chandeliers & similar IE: “History of chandeliers” instead of just history on it own.
          Your home page also wants changing from index.bv to something like home of lighting, chandeliers, But once again remember to have these word within the text of your page..

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have found for my sties that with Yahoo reciprocal links aren't so necessary for page ranging; but with Google they are.
            www.dinkdy.info
            www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
            www.thegemlovers.com
            www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Working...
            X