Set up for Windows Mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up for Windows Mail?

I was wondering how to (or is it possible) to have Windows Mail (I am using Vista and I think this is the old Outlook) get all my mail instead of using Horde. I tried putting in the incoming/outgoing SMTP servers, but couldn't seem to get it to work. I am trying to get windows to pick up mail under a POP mail account that I set up in the Control Panel.

Thanks!!

Re: Set up for Windows Mail?

Hi... I'm not sure about Vista... but... take a look at the email tutorials.. direct the mail to your email address.. then set up a new account in your Outlook or what ever you use to receive and send mail from... your incoming mail server would be ..mail.yourdmain.com... Bit of a hassle, but once set up right, it's done...Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Hey,

Are your e-mails HTTP or setup with the cPanel?
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I am using Outlook Express on one computer and Windows Mail on my laptop to recieve all my mail directly on my Desktop. Please look at the tutorials to see how to setup your PC. It is the same for both Outlook Express and Windows Mail: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...k-express.html
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I hope this thread is still active. I'm having a similar problem. I was able to set up my account through C Panel and on Windows Mail on my computer. But now I can't send or receive emails. When sending, I get the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test5', Account: 'Work', Server: 'mail.goldenlimousinechicago.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have McAfee security and disabled email protection and spent over an hour on the phone with Tech Support for my computer, so I'm wondering if it's something with the server at BlueVoda. Please help, I'm totally stuck now and desperate!!!!

Comment

Outlook Express, Tools, select the account, Properties, Server, and check the "Server authentication Required" (or something similar) checkbox.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh, special! Why can't they leave things alone when it works? I'll never understand that. I've been working on this problem all day with no solution in sight. I even worked with a McAfee tech for over an hour with no luck. Since you set up your email through hotmail, can I set mine up through the email I currently have with my internet provider(@att.net)? And once they iron the wrinkles out of Windows Mail, is it possible to switch without causing any changes to the address I post on my site?

Comment

Working...
              X