Need to know how to fix background colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know how to fix background colors

First in previous versions of BlueVoda I seem to rememer being able to have no bagkground color show at all, I could see the grid marks. Is this not available any more or am I just missing how to revert back to that?

Second when I put in text on a colored background it is putting a white box behind the text and making the background look terrible. How do I make the white box go away?

Thanks,
    jolodrey
    Last edited by VodaHost; 11-13-2005, 07:16 PM.

hi J

1) I have no idea what you are talking about.
    2) Please publish the page and I will take a look at it. I can not visualize what you are saying.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Okay I just sent in a support ticket also. I need to stop being so impatient! LOL! I will have to go back and change it because I went ahead and removed the background color. Will publish it in just a bit.

Thanks again,
      jolodrey

Comment

I am trying to publish the page but got a 12029 error. I went in and added BlueVoda to my firewalls, both Windows & Norton. Now I am getting the 12002 error so I added the new DWORD and set it to 360 but am still getting the error. Any thoughts?

jolodrey

Comment

click the below

Answers to general questions and help with common problems. For help with a specific issue, post to one of the forums below.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I had already went to the knowledge base and got the info on the 12029 error. I have already set my windows and norton firewalls to acept BlueVoda as a safe program.

Now I am getting a 12002 error. I checked that knowledge base topic as well and have added the new DWORD and set it to 360 in regedit as it suggesterd but am still getting the error.

One other thing, the tutorial for publishing says that I should chceck my welcome email for my specific IP address but there is not one in the email.
            I have tried to publish it to all three but was wondering if there is a certain one I am supposed to use.

Sorry for the trouble,
            jolodrey

Comment

Okay I went back in to windows firewall & norton firewall and turned them both off. It then allowed me to publish. Do you have any suggestions on what I need to do short of turning off my firewall protection every time I need to publish a page. I'm afraid I will forget to trun it back on.

Now I hope you can see my original problem. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks again,
              jolodrey

Comment

Originally posted by jolodrey
                One other thing, the tutorial for publishing says that I should chceck my welcome email for my specific IP address but there is not one in the email.
                I have tried to publish it to all three but was wondering if there is a certain one I am supposed to use.

Sorry for the trouble,
                jolodrey

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Add BV to your safe programs list.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                    Add BV to your safe programs list.
                    In my posts I had said that I had already added BlueVoda to my safe programs list. It didn't do any good. I still had to turn my firewalls off completely.

But now I have published the page, http://www.jolodrey.com. Can you see what the problem is that I asked about originally?

At the top of the page there is a maroon box that is supposed to have white text in it. When I view the page there is a white box with the text and you can not read the text. Of course this is not how I plan to keep it but I would like to have some shapes with text in them that is actually readable. The trext background is set to automatic. I have also tried to reset it but still have the problem. Can you please check on this for me and give me a solution?

Thanks,
                    jolodrey

Comment

Still need help with original problem

Can anyone help me with this problem?

At the top of the page there is a maroon box that is supposed to have white text in it. When I view the page there is a white box with the text and you can not read the text. Of course this is not how I plan to keep it but I would like to have some shapes with text in them that is actually readable. The trext background is set to automatic. I have also tried to reset it but still have the problem.

Thanks,
                      jolodrey

Comment

Your best bet is to delete the page or the boxes and do it over again. It will take you 5 minutes.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I had already deleted to boxes. I put them back in to publish it so that you could see what the problem was. I have also tried it on several other pages and get the exact same results. I have worked on it for much more than 5 minutes. I do know what I am doing, this is not the first website I have built.

So I guess basically there is no solution to the problem.

Comment

Try doing the page from scratch. Do the top part first before you recreate the entire page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay I'll do that. Thanks for your help. sorry for all the trouble.

jolodrey

Comment

Working...
                              X