Hello All First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All First Post

Sorry copied this post from Welcome Forum as I thought I had put it in wrong place.

Hello All

Greetings from sunny Cyprus.

I have been using Dreamweaver in the past to do my website's and thought I would give BlueVoda a try as I was getting frustrated with DW.
    Well my first day yesterday building a site was I'm sorry to say more frustrating than DW, albeit once I sorted the problem I was very happy with the result.

The problem was objects placed on page moved when in preview. Moving to back sorted out this problem.

Now my problem for today is making a jump menu to show the virtual tours that I do.
    I did try doing it yesterday but kept getting message dont know what to do with this file.

To give you an idea of what I want to do check out this page:

If I can get this done successfully I will sign up as this is the only thing that is holding me back.I need to be able to do everything I was able to do in DW. Can I specify the size of the new window that opens.?

Alternatively I would like to change the movie that is embeded in the page. i.e. If the movie starts with a shot of the lounge I would like to have a drop down box that lists all the rooms and on a click will change the movie embeded and not open a new window.

So far I am happy if I can get these two little bits done I will be over the moon.

Thankyou

Bernie

Re: Hello All First Post

Ok All

Things today going well got the Go Menu to do what I want just one thing missing is to adjust the 'opening window' to be the size I want

700width 700 height

Get this working and we are home and dry.

All help much appreciated.

Bernie.

Is there anyway I could use Lightbox to show the quicktime movie files

Comment

Hi, dream weaver is a full professional program for web designers. BV although a fantastic program will never be able to match the facilities & functions that DW can at this moment in time.
      But what you seem to be asking for seems quite possible using BV & the VH servers.
      As for making popup’s you can try this thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/adding-elements-your-website/23232-pop-ups.html?highlight=popups
      Or many that are on the web like this one.
      http://javascript.internet.com/gener...up-window.html

Good luck.

PS. I dont think the light box will work this way.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for the info.

I know DW has all what I require but was hoping to find something easier to work with.
        So Far BV is pretty good doing what I need it too do.

I need to make new web-pages often so the drag and drop features are great.

I like the forms tutorial.I was never able to get to grips with forms in DW

Is SohoLaunch compatible with Blue Voda. Can I use these webpage builders side by side

Lets Hope I can use it to finish the whole site.

Comment

Hi, yes! You can use them side by side. But soho needs it own directory. So either create a sub-domain & place it there, or place it in your main directory & create some sub folders for your BV work.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi all

Well been working hard and here is the result let me know what you think:http://www.paphosvirtualtours.com

Regards

Bernie

Comment

Hi, the style & looks are fine, Few things that maybe worth a look.
              Centring all pages.

You need to make one page as a template as it’s making the pages move around on transitions between links.

You will also have to decide on a page width for all pages as you seem to have an 800’ish for some pages & wider for others.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X