No announcement yet.

publishing pictures and I all get is a empty box with a red x and no pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing pictures and I all get is a empty box with a red x and no pictures

I have created a page of sold items on my website and on that page is pictures of sold chandeliers.

When I publish this sold page all I get is a page of empty boxes with a red x, no pictures appear. Why? Someone out there I am sure has the answer to this.

Thank You, Gaswizard

Paul

www.qualitylighting.net

Re: publishing pictures and I all get is a empty box with a red x and no pictures

Hi Paul
    Typicallly this happens when you have moved the images from the original place you had them when you created the page.
    So when you publish, the site hunts for the images, can't find them using he original path, and publishes the blank squares with the x's
    Try reinserting the images and republishing the page(s) in question.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Re: publishing pictures and I all get is a empty box with a red x and no pictures

Liz, I did exactly what you had mentioned with no success. I actually did that twice, empty page of pictures, reinsert pictures, republish pictures, and no pictures appear only box with red x. I just flushed out my DNS in my command prompt and still no luck. I even created a new file folder with resized pictures, renamed pictures, and reinserted the pictures on my sold page.

????????????

Thanks, Gaswizard

Paul

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

When I preview the sold page I still get the empty box with the red x.

Thanks, Gaswizard

Paul

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

Originally posted by gaswizard View Post
          Liz, I did exactly what you had mentioned with no success. I actually did that twice, empty page of pictures, reinsert pictures, republish pictures, and no pictures appear only box with red x. I just flushed out my DNS in my command prompt and still no luck. I even created a new file folder with resized pictures, renamed pictures, and reinserted the pictures on my sold page.

????????????

Thanks, Gaswizard

Paul

www.qualitylighting.net
          Hey Paul,
          it looks like all of these images are linked to bookmarks on this same page- is this correct? Is there a reason for this?
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Liz, I do not understand your question. My son built the website for me and I am trying to figure it out. So your question is to a not so newby.

"Are all of the images linked to bookmarkeds on this same page?"

This page is where you will only find these images on the entire website.

Any more words from you might help.

Thanks Paul

And I just checked out your pool party, sounds very fun!!

Comment

When I right click on the space where the picture is, here is what I get about the path for the first picture
              http://www.qualitylighting.net/sold.html# 1.jpg
              The reason I asked about the bookmarking, is that when you make a link from an object to a particular part of another page, the '#' is used as a direction.
              In any case, now that I am looking at it, I bet the #1 is the name of the picture.
              Let's try something. Try renaming the pictures without using the # symbol. Then republish. Just do one and see if it works. That might be the thing that is messing with it...
              Paul I am guessing here, but might as well try it, could work?
              There are others here that are better at this part, but if you have the time, go for it and let me know if it works.
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Liz, You are a saint. I got rid of the # and supplied the picture with a actual title and it worked for me. Thank You forever and have a wonderful day.

Paul

Comment

I am having lots of trouble with uploading photos and text to my web site
                  www.ballybricken.net

I hope some one can I hope some will Please Help me.

Comment

Originally posted by gaswizard View Post
                    Liz, You are a saint. I got rid of the # and supplied the picture with a actual title and it worked for me. Thank You forever and have a wonderful day.

Paul
                    Great Paul, glad to be of help - glad it worked!
                    Liz
                    www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Squire306 View Post
                      I am having lots of trouble with uploading photos and text to my web site
                      www.ballybricken.net

I hope some one can I hope some will Please Help me.
                      Hi Squire -
                      First - Someone may be able to help, but we need to know just what kind of trouble you are having; that is - what have you done? What is it doing? What do you want it to be doing?
                      Next - you should start your own thread for your question - that way when people go to answer it there will be no confusion about whose question is being addressed.
                      Regards,
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Paul,

I think this is the reason "#" 1.jpg. Do not use "#####" to number your photo files.

Remove it from all your photos and replace with "No." or "-" or "_" or a dot.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                        X