Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Headers

Hi everyone,

I have looked until I am cross eyed. Can someone please tell me how to make H1 headers for my pages? Also, is there a thread anywhere that tells you step by step everything that you need to do when creating a page? I just don't want to forget to add anything and then have to go back and fix them all.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Ronda :o)

Re: H1 Headers

Ronda,
    There is a lot written about how to do this.
    Here is a quick way:
    Figure out what you want to be the Headline for the page.
    This should be the major info point of the page, the most improtant descriptive.
    For instance on your
    Womens Leather Apparel page, it would be
    "Womens Leather Apparel"
    Make sure this is in a text box by itself.
    Right click on it and go to html
    click on the Before tag tab and put this
    <h1>
    then click on the after tag tab and put this
    </h1>

Click on ok and then you have an h1 tag.

You can have only one of these for each page, but you can make multiple h2 tages on each page if you want, for things that are important, but not the most important. Do them the same way, but use a 2 instead in the place of a 1.

Hope this helps

Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks Liz for the help!! Do you have a thread that you can give me that has the step by step for everything that you need to put on a page? unfortunately we have SOL right now, and they do it all for you!! I just don't want to miss anything!!

Thanks again!!

Comment

Ronda - there is no such thing as that type of thread - because we all need somewhat different things.

BUT - before you go too far - I want you to make your pages using php - and the php include for the parts that are the same for all pages (like headers and navigation) - you'll find the information there here:

As to the components of the page - make sure you do your homework - get the keywords right - get the title and meta description right for each page - those are MUSTS. And if you haven't yet - sit down and figure out how you want the page to look and get the basic design done - then do the parts you can following the directions in the above link.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your response!! My husband found out about the php stuff so that we wouldn't have to update every single page when the time comes. We have the template made and published them to see how they look. I just haven't started adding things to the page yet. The new site is www.parlorroomgames.com if you want to go and look at the template and tell me what you think? I will go and take a look at that thread though and see if it was the one he was using to do the php stuff!! This is going to be a lot more work!! ;o)

My husband was working on the h1 headers and was looking at the one on your childrens site, but he can't get it to look like yours. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!!

Comment

The template looks nice - very professional. I've gotten to where I'm going with text for navigation most of the time now - changing that over - but that's just my preference.

I'm not sure why he can't get the h1's to look the same - where's the problem with them and I'll be happy to help.

One thing about the template - make sure that the footer is a separate include - as all your pages won't be the same length. :)
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Yes, we have made both the buttons and the footer separate includes! As far as the h1 headers, he said that he just doesn't understand why they have to be done the way they are, but he will be able to take care of it!!

Is there an indication that the search engines like the text navigation better then the buttons? Maybe we should rethink that before we get going any further with things?

Thanks again!!

Comment

Hi Beth,

Yes, we have made both the buttons and the footer as separate includes! As far as the h1 headers, he just doesn't understand why they need to be done that way, but he said he will be able to take care of it!

Is there an indication that the search engines prefer the text navigation over the buttons? Maybe we need to rethink that before we get going any further??

Thanks again!

Comment

Ronda, You don't say what he's saying he doesn't understand about the h1 tags and how they have to be done. There are a couple ways to put them on BV pages- but I need to know what he's questioning to be able to address it. Maybe he's right - but I can't tell you that without knowing.

As to the buttons - Make sure you're using them with the automatic alt - are you putting them in through the bv navigation? If so, that has it - and they'll be readable. You don't want them to be javascript. (I use buttons on A Child's Palace - just upped my own button image into those already provided and used the BV navigation menu).
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X