Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• language translation

Hi all
    I have a question regarding language translation. I am English but live in Spain. I am in early stages of construction via Soholaunch. Before we go any further, i.e. typing everything in English and Spanish, can I incorporate a translation button, as I have seen on many websites, usually indicated by a National flag.

www.algomastienda.com (under construction)

Thanks in advance. algomas

Re: language translation

Hi, there are a few translating tools out there like Babel & other software, but have found that most people say they are handy, but not the best of translators.
    Most makers will make 2 sites to guarantee the best results. But if you are using Soho? I believe it will only allow one installation per domain. But let someone else confer this as there maybe a way around it, possibly using sub domains for the English or Spanish side.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Nope.. Chris.. Youd be correct. Soho site may have a SPANISH module, but then the whole site would be in Spanish.

What she could do is build a subdomain in bv for her spanish pags and LINK to the soho cart pages when it comes to purchasing.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
        Nope.. Chris.. Youd be correct. Soho site may have a SPANISH module, but then the whole site would be in Spanish.

What she could do is build a subdomain in bv for her spanish pags and LINK to the soho cart pages when it comes to purchasing.

Karen
        Hi karen. Am i right that you can only have one soho per account? Or do VH have some sort of offer to allow 2 instalations. Would be handy for this type of query. IE: 1 in the main domain & 1 in a sub domain.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Well Chris the issue is .. one dedicated ip and ssl per account. ONE FREE soho. You could BUY another soho and install it, but if you dont know what you are doing thats a chore, or you better learn quick. You also wouldnt get Vodahost support for it, now the price is about the same as one years hosting.. so its more or less CHEAPER to buy another account. Then she/he could run two almost identical domains, one for english, one for spanish totally.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Too me.. it would make more sense to build the soho site in the language its most likely to be marketed in, and make an addon domain, use bv or whatever to create a second store, and simply LINK the products pages and items to the SOHO products and to checkout. Requiring only one ssl and cc processor. Links back to the alternate site from the cart page can also be accomplished with a small amount of customization.

Unless i had a really hot item and was doing well i most likely would run just one store and put babel fish on it. Much less headache all the way around.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X