how do i change file permissions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i change file permissions.

ok i have installed zencart know and i get the thing at the top of the page saying:
    Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/nnggbiqa/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance.

so i go to my ftp and change my files to 444. but the message stays. i went to zencart support and they say i have to use the file mangager in my vodahost cp yo chane the files properly but when i go to my file manager in my vodahost cp i can't get into my public_html to get to the files. what do i do
    www.advarntek.co.uk
    www.aforumways.co.uk

Re: how do i change file permissions.

Go in CP, File Manager, click on the public_html ico (not the text), then when the new screen comes up, click again on the "includes" icon (not the text) and when the new screen comes up, click again on "configure.php" this time the text, not the icon. On the top right part, you can see a menu of options, among them Permission. Change it to 644 or 444.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: how do i change file permissions.

thanks problem solved
      www.advarntek.co.uk
      www.aforumways.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X