video help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video help?

My webpage is about my daughter, and it is for my friends and relatives that live too far away to visit often. I am wanting to add some videos taken from my digital camera. I have tried clicking on the quicktime icon and then I added my video. When I preview it, it is too big for the box and it cuts off half the video. I'm not sure how to fix my problem.

I was hoping to have the links where when they clicked on the image, the video came up in another browser window.

I hope somebody can help me. I have searched the forums and all tutorials, and I am still at a loss.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Re: video help?

I have not used quicktime, but I have used media player for exactly what you are doing. You need to strectch you media box so that it handles the size video you are trying to load. Another way, I have done this, is to transfer your video via ftp to the server and then create a link on your website so that when people click on that, it will bring up whatever media is the one they normally use. I hope I explained that ok.

In order to have the video open in a seperate browser you need to use the hyperlink then select your target as _blank. This is the way I do my video's now. Text on my site would say something like, CLICK HERE FOR JULY 4TH VIDEO. I select that text, click on the hyperlink icon, type in my file name where I have transferred it to the server via ftp, and select the target as _blank. Works like a charm! Someone else may come by with some other thoughts.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

1) Upload them on YouTube
      2) YouTube will provide you a url to embed, use the add html feature to embed them into your webpage.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Would this fall under the podcasts as well or something totally different?
        Thanks,
        Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
        mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
        X