Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .cgi files not supported ???

Hi all,

I am currently installing a script on my domain and try to upload the files through the soho file manager system. All my .cgi files are not being uploaded and it says that they are not supported file formats ??

Also tried to upload the files through the cpanel/file manager/public_html/cgi-bin The files get uploaded there but when I try to write the address in the browser www.4yourinternetbusiness.com/cgi-bin/admin.cgi the 404 Not Found page is appearing.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this??

Best Regards
    Yvonne12

Re: .cgi files not supported ???

Yvonne,

Without KNOWing what the code is, when you install it you have to install it to your cgi-bin folder, and apparently you arent installing it there, you are uploading it someplace.. probably to your domain folder and not the cgi folder.

If this is your soho store you are trying to install to, you will also need to configure some files in soho to run the script, unless you can just LINK to to it to run.

If you are uploading thru soho, soho by default loads them into its system, so you will need to ftp to the cgi folder and not use the soho system to upload it, try that... and hopefully it wont messup the soho system, as they may not be compatible.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: .cgi files not supported ???

Direct access to cgi-bin is usually NOT allowed. You need to access the files in it through a script hosted on your own site.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X