Tried making a downloadable mp3 didn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried making a downloadable mp3 didn't work

I read one of your posts some time ago that said for a coustomer to be able to download from your website all you had to do is create a file upload to control panel then make a button with the same name.
    Ok heres what I did. first I went to my control panel clicked on FTP Clicked on upload and uploaded the following file.
    440409riley.mp3
    Then to test it I hightlighted a word (download) and in the link space wrote www.yotrs.com/440409riley.mp3 when I uploaded the test page and clicked on the button I got page not found. So I right clicked on button (the word download) and then clicked on save target to my computer. A window came up saying Explorer can not down load file and something like it couldn't find it.

Re: Tried making a downloadable mp3 didn't work

You have probably uploaded on the wrong folder, or there is some typo. Your links are correct as described.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I checked everything and everything is ok. But I noticed when I upload an MP3 and check it in my control it uploads the folder title but says it is empty.

Comment

Do you need to have site published in order to for dwnload button to wrk?
        I get similar error. Firefox is looking at my hard drive for this file.
        www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Comment

Download means getting a file from somewhere on the internet down to your computer. So you cannot download anything (from your site) if your site doesn't exist.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have the same problem two:
            I would like people to listen to some of the music for my game and, when it comes out, download the client but when I tried the links they said file not found or a blank screen would be displayed.
            Is it ok to leave your files loose in your ftp account our must they be in a folder?

any way here are my links: please note: underscores look like spaces

Are these links ok?

Comment

I Solved My problem by using the upload on the side panel. Also be sure you use .mp3 and do not captialize mp3 I fought of an hour trying to figure out why everything else was right but brouser could not find page. Then I noticed that the mp was captialized and changed it to small letters and it worked.
              Larry

Comment

Working...
              X