Some pages that hurt my se ranking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pages that hurt my se ranking?

I have four pages that have been accidentally published (too happy on the publish button before I realized what I did). I had another post and was told that they could not be unpublished. Will they hurt my se rankings as there are no links to them and the links that are on them probably don't work (they were my templates).

Thanks.

Re: Some pages that hurt my se ranking?

As I mentioned in your other thread you can't actually un-publish, but you can delete them, which will accomplish pretty much the same thing...but as I recall, weren't they just pretty much photos and no titles in your pages? If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be along to correct me! lol
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

The only title was "index". How do I delete the pages?

Comment

Tools/FTP Manager/Connect

When you have connected you will have a Windows Explorer-type view where you can click on your pages and delete them.

Comment

Well you could go about it a couple of ways, but the way, I do it, is through the bluevoda webbuilder FTP. Go under tools, select FTP Manager, click connect, select your ip address, type in your username and password and click connect. On the Right side your public_html folder will come up. If that is where you published your pages to, your html file and all gifs, jpgs, etc, will be listed there. Just select the ones you want to delete and press delete. That's it.

oops AJ beat me to it! lol
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You guys are awsome...thank you.

Comment

Just a fyi, you do want to delete those pages - but they would never have hurt your ranking. As long as you never told anyone online what the addresses to them was - and there were no links to them - the se's were never going to find them :)
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X