Font Distorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Distorted

In several of my web pages there is alot of distortion. Not only in the font but also with the pictures. This does not happen on all computers, some maybe fine and others are not. Also my web address is not showing up on any search engines. Please help I am on a deadline. You may also e-mail me if that would be quicker.

Thank you,
    Christina

CAdkins77******.Com

Re: Font Distorted

Can we have a URL to look at the site and see what you mean?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

www.americansteelsupply.com
      Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by CAdkins77 View Post
        In several of my web pages there is alot of distortion. Not only in the font but also with the pictures. This does not happen on all computers, some maybe fine and others are not. Also my web address is not showing up on any search engines. Please help I am on a deadline. You may also e-mail me if that would be quicker.

Thank you,
        Christina

CAdkins77******.Com

Comment

CAdkins77 -

It comes up clear for me but I do see that on the contact page the fax number overlaps onto the the next section.

The Best myspaces on myspace.com

Comment

I have IE7.
            I am not seeing distortion in the text - where exactly are you seeing it?
            The pictures are pretty 'dense', i.e. heavy with kb's, and I see alittle wierdness there. It almost looks as if you have adjusted their size after they were on your page, rather than with a picture resizer..

Here is a link to a free image optimizing tool you might try.
            Our free, site report card tool performs a thorough SEO audit of your website and provides a detailed report to help you improve your search engine rankings.

IN terms of your page not showing up on search engines, here is another link to a SEO free ebook you might read, by Beth.
            Search Engine Optimization is the absolute key to and getting your site noticed.
            SEO - The Basics
            and another must read
            SEO and Marketing Tools

Start there.
            Good Luck
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Originally posted by koolspaces.com View Post
              CAdkins77 -

It comes up clear for me but I do see that on the contact page the fax number overlaps onto the the next section.

Yes you are right but only on some of the computers in the office os this happening. weird

Comment

Pages are seen differently in different browsers, so your page needs to be designed so that it looks best it can in all. Most people design in IE and tweak for Firefox.
                You can look in your controp panel in web/ftp stats - awstats to see what your particular visitors are using.
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

It almost looks to me, like you have several text boxes on your contact page or if not, did you type this in word and then copy and paste in bv? Both of those functions would cause this to happen. You have a lot of blank space before and after the fax/phone number, which ususally means tabs or spaces. You can see what I mean by reviewing your page and either select all or drag your mouse over and select. So, I would go back to your bv webbuilding page and see if you have some overlapping text boxes. If not, and you actually copy and pasted from a word processing program, you need to retype the text in bv. Depending on how you typed the content in the word processor, it is not always recogonized appropriately in a webbuilding program. Hope this helps!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

As far as not appearing on search engines. It takes a while for the search engines to crawl your site and index them. But there is a lot you can do to help the process. There are a lot of threads on this forum about that. You may want to do a search or look in the sub forum called search engine topics. The links Liz provided for you that Beth created are invaluable places to start.

Just looking at your website, the first thing you need to do is to title your pages properly. (Page Properties, general, title). You need to do this with each and every page. Read Bethers SEO Basics to see how best to title and your description. I would start with this!
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thank you so much for all the help. I have one more question. How do I get my e-mails to work on my contact page I have linked them and I still can't figure it out.

Comment

If you just want to provide a link, you just type the email address, like you have, highlight the email address, click the hyperlink tool in bluevoda, from the link type, select mailto: and in the url just put the email address. I notice you typed the url of the website first. Don't do that...just type the email address.

There are other ways to encrypt email address to try and avoid spammers. If you do a search on the forum under email, you will find additional topics about encrypting email.
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Adding to what Dream Lady said, after you search this forum for some practical ways to enhance your search engine methodology you can view what bots have visited your site. Logonn to cPanelX, goto "Web/FTP Stats" then "awstats."

Scroll down till you see "Connect to Site From." There you may see Google, Yahoo, AOL, Alta Vista etc.,.

And you can track your progress also by looking just below that at "Links from an external page (other web sites except search engines.)" That shows you every link you have.

Lastly, you may want to see what your website looks like to a crawler. Google "P o o d l e Predictor." You just enter your URL to see what your site will look like to a search-engine. Find out how search-engine friendly your site is. Can a spider crawl it easily? Will it get good rankings?

Best of luck.

Comment

What do you mean design in IE and teak for firefox?
                            I am new at all this please have patience with me. You guys have been very helpful

Thank You,
                            Christina

Comment

Originally posted by CAdkins77 View Post
                              What do you mean design in IE and teak for firefox?
                              I am new at all this please have patience with me. You guys have been very helpful

Thank You,
                              Christina

Here is what I meant.
                              Most of the people who will view your website will be using IE, that is, Internet Explorer, as their browser.
                              So when I am making my website pages I desingn them and preview them in IE, which is the browser I use, and I make it so I am satisfied with how it looks. Then I look at it using Firefox, and it might look alittle bit different. If it looks too wierd, I will change things so it looks better. Then I look at it using Explorer again, and see if it is still okay.
                              The idea is to find the best compromise between the two.
                              SO that is what I meant - design in Explor and tweak, or adjust in firefox..
                              does that help?
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X