Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking on own site

Hi,

I was just reading a thread 'Have you ever been banned'.
    I read:
    Hi, I have had a warning from Google about clicking on my own sites links. This wasn’t to increase clicks as it would have only happened a few times. But they or there advertisers are aware if this happens & it must get logged somehow.
    I got an email as a warning, but haven’t heard anymore about it.

Does this mean if we click and check our own website online that it is a bad thing. I do it all the time when I have made adjustments etc to make sure that it looks fine online. I did not know it was a bad thing if this is what it is saying.
    And why does it matter if clicks are increased or not. Does that make a difference to something? Sorry I am very naive when it comes to the net.
    If someone wouldn't mind explaining this to me before I get into trouble myself. Goodness knows how many times I have clicked on it today and yesterday after adding different material.

Thank you, Leanne

Re: Clicking on own site

Hi Leanne
    Don't panic!

If you have Google Adsense ads on yoiur site you are paid by Google every time someone clicks on one. Obviously a very naughty thing to do would be to click on the ads that are displayed on your own site, thus earning yourself dishonest cash. This activity would soon be picked up by the almighty Google and dealt with swiftly.

In your own case - unless you have Google Adsense - you have nothing to worry about. It is right and proper to click all the links on your own site to ensure that they are live.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
      Hi Leanne
      Don't panic!

If you have Google Adsense ads on yoiur site you are paid by Google every time someone clicks on one. Obviously a very naughty thing to do would be to click on the ads that are displayed on your own site, thus earning yourself dishonest cash. This activity would soon be picked up by the almighty Google and dealt with swiftly.

In your own case - unless you have Google Adsense - you have nothing to worry about. It is right and proper to click all the links on your own site to ensure that they are live.
      Thank you! What a relief! I was in a bit of a panic. Thank you for clearing this up for me :)

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Hi, there is a bit of google script than you can place on your site to enable you to click on the ads & not get into trouble. Just cant find it at the mo.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X