Using Outlook2002 with multiple ISPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Outlook2002 with multiple ISPs

I'm using Outlook2002. Receiving my e-mails ok, but had to put my ISPs SMTP server in the outgoing info in order to send email - so now outgoing e-mail works.

Question 1: what if I'm connected to the internet at a hotspot or other than my "home" ISP? What outgoing server info do I change it to (do I need to?).

Question 2: I have the LOGON area of the Outlook e-mail setup area set to my voda domain email account as the "user" (xxxx@myvodadomainname.com) and the password is my voda account password. Is this correct?? Or is this supposed to be the ISP logon and password in this area?

I'm guessing its going to be difficult to use outlook on the road when connecting through other ISPs; in these cases I need to use cpanel email options?

Thanks,

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: Using Outlook2002 with multiple ISPs

Adrian: I use outlook express, but I think it is similiar. I also use my ISP SMTP server for outgoing mail while at home and it works just fine. When I am on the road, and away from my ISP, I always use mail2web.com to check my email. You use your vodahost email address and password to login and retreive your mail. You could also use your cpanel webmail in Horde.
    As far as the login of Outlook, I believe you just use whatever you want. I have mine stored, but I know its not my Vodahost account info. The ISP SMTP outbound server user and password is only use when setting up your outbound mail server info....so I believe you just use whatever you have always been using.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks; I'll try that other service out and see how it is. I find Horde clumsy.

I think the Logon area of the e-mail setup in Outlook must be for the ISP username and password; otherwise, unless you are logged on from "home" (the router is logged-on to the ISP), then the ISP has no other way of knowing who you are for logon purposes.

And that is also what is confusing with Voda: If I don't put my voda username and password into the Outlook email setup screen; then how does e-mail on my voda domain server know its me when I pick up e-mail???

If you view the voda tutorials it doesn't show anywhere where a password is required in the outlook setup.

Adrian
      Adrian
      A-B Technology Group

Comment

As you know, there are various places to put login information depending on if you are talking about the incoming or outgoing mail. I assume you have viewed this tutorial? This explains very nicely how to set up the various logins for incoming and outgoing mail. Have you been using Outlook 2002 prior to setting up your email with vodahost, or are you just now trying to use it? I'm just trying to figure out which Logon area you are talking about. I know that when I first started using Outlook Express, in order to use it before I even set up any email accounts, that I had to create a username and login in. That is the info that was whatever I wanted it to be. Once I can access outlook express, then I set up my email accounts (I have 6 of them) using the outlook express tutorial, similiar to the outlook2002 tutorial.

I hope this makes sense and helps you. Otherwise, maybe someone else will be by to help out!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Just tried web2mail; works great! Easier than getting to my cpanel and using horde.

Thanks!

Adrian
          Adrian
          A-B Technology Group

Comment

Your welcome! I actually learned about web2mail from a friend who lives on an Indian Reservation in New Mexico, out in the booneys. I have used it primarily when I'm on the road and don't have my laptop with me. I like it a lot better than Horde. Did you get your outlook2002 set up yet?
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Outlook works fine for me when I'm at home; I was just trying to figure out a way to log onto the voda server with outlook to get my mail on the road; but I still need to go through an ISP to do that - so I'm doing the same as you; mail2web is working great!

Adrian
              Adrian
              A-B Technology Group

Comment

Working...
              X