Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Image Centering

Hey everyone.

I've just started using BV after giving up on GoLive. Watched all the tutorials, browsed the forums and did some experimenting, but I can't seem to find an answer to this problem.

I'm trying to add a background image to my website in BV, which I would like to remain oriented to center and bottom, regardless of browser window size. All I can seem to do though is get it oriented top left. The image is designed to make sense regardless of monitor resolution and browser size, as the important aspects of it are center bottom, and the rest just more or less recurs.

I'm guessing fixing this will involve CSS, unfortunately, I barely know what that is, I've only ever worked with html, fairly basic html at that.

Please Help!
    Thanks, Raoul.

Re: Background Image Centering

Hi, in the script below, just change the http://www.webbiesite.com/satisfaction.jpg to your own image that you have online. And place this script in the page html property’s box under “Beginning of Body”
    You can also ajust the backgrounds colour via the #ffffff (white) part

Good luck.

HTML Code:
    <script language="JavaScript1.2">
    /*
    Watermark Backgound Image Script by(www.webbiesite.com)
    */
    if (document.all||document.getElementById)
    document.body.style.background="url('http://www.webbiesite.com/satisfaction.jpg') #ffffff center no-repeat fixed"

</script>
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks! I'm sure I'll manage, I've always made up for lack of knowledge by being really good at copying things.

Comment

No problem, just post back if you get stuck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X