Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on Creating the Webpage

Hi all,

i have tried to find the answers to my questions here but didn't really get them so i hope some of you can help me! so sorry if i can't provide the exact software term and i will try to describe as clearly as possible! i have an account with VodaHost & i'm using the soholaunch to build my website,

1. how do i make my webpage in a way that when i minimize the screen, it will adjust to the right size & all information will fit into the screen size? is it have to set a border? if yes, how to do it on Soholaunch?

2. can i download the BV templates & upload to Soholaunch?

Your advice is appreciated!

Re: Need help on Creating the Webpage

Sharon,

Im not sure what you mean make soho minimize .. i think that would be your screen resolution, but im not sure exactly what you mean. It would also depend somewhat on if the template was fluid or static. A border would definitely make it static, and you want it fluid.. to move with the screen.. or i think thats what you mean.

To do that youd have to edit the template. 100's of posts here and on soholaunch.com forum on editing the templates.

No.. you cant download the BV templates and upload them to soho, They dont work together and are not compatible. See again threads on editing the templates.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

May be you try as follows:

You set your PC's display setting 800x600 by going in control panel or
      try right bottom corner of screen where zoom level can be change according to your need.
      Some time I got the same problem but if we re-log or re start PC and problem goes off.
      Chitra B. Gurung
      EVERGREEN Tours,
      Kathmandu, Nepal
      www.egtours.com

Comment

Thanks Karen & chitragurung for your replies!

perhaps you see my website at www.agapebeadsncrafts.com the webpage is stretched from one side of the screen to the other, so i need to maximize the screen to view the complete info. How can i make it not so 'stretched'?

so sorry i really have no idea what are the terms to use!

Comment

hi Karen,

if you see my posting here, i like the layout of your products in your website, can you teach me how to do it?

shall i put my products in a photo album or create columns? i'm using soho and i'm still figuring how to create webpages for my products!

your advice is appreciated!

in fact, if any one of you knows, pls teach me!

Comment

Hi, you control the size of your page via the page properties area,
            (View/Page properties) & ajust the width & hight, then tick the center in browser box.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks Chris,

is it from soholaunch page properties? if yes, i don't see 'view', only 'page properties' when i click on the edit webpage but there is no width or height for me to adjust. pls advise me again!

Comment

Arh! Should of looked at what forum I was in. lol.
                I maybe wrong, but hasn’t soho got fluid pages that auto adjust to the width of any browser?? It maybe a case of a template like the one below. But let others confer this.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sharon,

I dont recall trying to use that template, but mine is edited and as I recall i made the header float.

Im not sure which site you are speaking of.. but one site has a slideshow, and thats from dynamic drive, other sites i use a combo of tables etc for the home page. On the product pages thats drag and drop soho, and I use alot of customized files to upload for headers etc, so i can more or less get in my search engine stuff how i want to and html etc.

I have other sites not soho, so.. you need to specify which ones.

Chris.. most the templates are more or less fluid in soho, or aligned left instead of center. It just depends on the template set and if its a customized one or not.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                    Sharon,

I dont recall trying to use that template, but mine is edited and as I recall i made the header float.

Im not sure which site you are speaking of.. but one site has a slideshow, and thats from dynamic drive, other sites i use a combo of tables etc for the home page. On the product pages thats drag and drop soho, and I use alot of customized files to upload for headers etc, so i can more or less get in my search engine stuff how i want to and html etc.

I have other sites not soho, so.. you need to specify which ones.

Chris.. most the templates are more or less fluid in soho, or aligned left instead of center. It just depends on the template set and if its a customized one or not.

Karen
                    Ah! Thankyou. Must admit there are some nice templates about for soho. Think i might pinch some & adapt for BV use.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello,

May be you try Soho users manual http://www.vodahost.com/soholaunch_users_manual.htm

in above, go to open and edit page and go to formatting issues.

In this page you can find, where or how to put texts and images and how it looks after that in Soho templates.

May be it will help to you.
                      Chitra B. Gurung
                      EVERGREEN Tours,
                      Kathmandu, Nepal
                      www.egtours.com

Comment

hi all,

thanks for all your advice. guess is the template so i have to think of a way to make the text in the central by adding something on the right side.

Comment

Karen,

i like the way you put the product's pictures side by side so neatly, example this webpage of your website http://www.charmingnoveltees.com/DogTags.php

think you didn't use the soho drag & drop right?

Comment

Sharon,

No i floated those pics in html, and thats not a soho site. Thats a store front that uses dreamweaver and its fully customizable but.. you have to know some html and coding to walk around in it to do all the things you want to. Its Ecommerce Templates. You could do this in soho tho with a custom code/include by doing your page in html or dreamweaver etc, then drag and drop the custom code to the page and upload your file.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Wait.. thats a product page so that was done with customizing the includes and displays in the cart itself. You cant do exactly that in soho without some heavy customizing but you can sorta line up your products that way.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X