Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menu Bar - how increase spacing between links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Bar - how increase spacing between links?

Hi - I have created a drop-down menu and all the links for the buttons are squished together (horizontal layout) How do I create more space between the links? I read in the forum to use my space bar, but when I double-click to get into the box to try use my space bar (as I would in a text box) it takes me to the menu properties. Is the space bar still the method with BV 9? If so, how exactly do I get to where I need to space?

Thanks!

TP22

Re: Menu Bar - how increase spacing between links?

PS - Also, I would like to put little pipes between the links to divide up the words (see below) . What is the best way to do this? Thanks!

COMPANY | TEAM | CONTACT

Comment

Are you talking about a text menu or a drop down menu?
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Found the pipes (insert split), still would like to know about spacing though... Thanks!

Comment

Hi Liz - A drop-down menu...

Comment

Yes, tp22, you want to either double click your menu or you can right click and select Properties. When the Menu properties box comes up, select you first item and click on the edit button to the right. On the text line is where you would type your description and then press your spacebar to add spaces. Of course fill in your url information for your item/page that it is linked to with a .html extension. So lets say your first item is called "About Us". Fill in on the text line: About Us (then however many spaces you want). Under the url you would type: http://www.yourdomainname.com/about_us.html (about_us being the name you gave that particular page) Then, just go to the next item in your menu and do the same thing. Hope that makes sense!
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Oh THAT'S where the spaces go! Thanks very much Dream Lady for your detailed explanation! Very helpful, much appreciated. I'm off to add spaces now... :)

TP22

Comment

Good! I'm glad you found it. Just don't get to SPACEY, like me! lol Have fun!
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Cindy,

I am also having this problem but my menu bar is vertical. Do you know how I can get the spaces between the buttons larger as using your method above doesn't apply to vertical drop down menu's?

Thanks,
                  Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X