Hyperlink styles across the pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlink styles across the pages

I have about 30 pages and around 10 hyperlink styles per page. All of the hyperlinks use the same styles across all of the pages. I would like to change several of the styles (colors, fonts, etc.). Is there a way that bv can apply these changes to all of the pages or do I have to open each page individually, then change each style?

Thanks!

Re: Hyperlink styles across the pages

Originally posted by bpflyr View Post
    I have about 30 pages and around 10 hyperlink styles per page. All of the hyperlinks use the same styles across all of the pages. I would like to change several of the styles (colors, fonts, etc.). Is there a way that bv can apply these changes to all of the pages or do I have to open each page individually, then change each style?

Thanks!
    If you are talking about links throughout your site, like a word or whatever here and there, nope, no way that I know to make global changes. I could be wrong, though and someone will correct me I am sure if I am.

But if you are talking about a menu, and making global changes to that, a php include is the way to go.
    Naval has great directions for that here:

good luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi, can only think of Navals way. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...light=php+menu
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks! I am pretty new to all of this and that sounds like a lot of work being that I have already spent about 50-60 hours building my current site: www.thephotopilot.com.

It would appear that I would have to go back and re-create all of the links to separate pages (with the PHP), then go into my current pages, erase the current link, and replace it with the HTML code. Does that sound about right?

Comment

Hi, would have to have a think on this one as a lot of your links are not via a menu & might involve a bit of work. Funnily enough I am working on a page at the moment that might have been of use to you. LINK. Will see if there is a shorter way around for you. But i am not sure there is.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank You!! I have already used your tips on bookmarks. Maybe this fix will benefit a whole bunch of people! I can sure tell you that it is a pain to have to goto EACH page and adjust the styles even though they are the same on all the pages! If bv could only just remember the style settings as a general setting, not necessarily for each page, that would REALLY make life a lot easier when making changes!

Comment

HI could someone share with me how to add a hyperlink on a webpage. I wnat to just have one word showing and people being able to click on it and it takes them to another website.
              I am new at this and would really appreciate your assistance

Comment

Originally posted by robtich View Post
                HI could someone share with me how to add a hyperlink on a webpage. I wnat to just have one word showing and people being able to click on it and it takes them to another website.
                I am new at this and would really appreciate your assistance
                Hi, in future it is great if you create your own thread as opposed to posting a question in a thread of someone elses ...

Check the tutorials on hyperlinking, but in answer to your question, highlight the word as you would normally, go to insert, insert link and type in the url for where you would like the link to take people ... if it is going off site, it is recommended your set the target for this link to _blank ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X