Back Up Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Up Services

Was told about an online backup service from Carbonite, anyone used them or a similar service?

Thanks
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Re: Back Up Services

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
    Was told about an online backup service from Carbonite, anyone used them or a similar service?
    Heard of them, and similar.....but why bother, Bill?
    We have the ability to perform complete account or individual domain accounts already in our Control Panels! And, using the File Manager, it's nothing to copy them to our HD's, external drives, or even compact media.

Sure beats having to pay for something, or to have things farther than arms length, don't you think?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you my friend, I will pass the tip on.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Bill, Might be worth setting up a cron job in the cpanel. Not sure how its done, but with a very small script you can set automatic back ups as often as you want & have them emailed to you or sent to another server. I am having a look at this my self at the moment.
        Would be nice if there was a control for this in c panel. I will put a posting up for it, to see if someone can help.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Dunno, Chris....setting it up as automated is one thing, but quite honestly, the whole point is to escape the all too predicatable server failures altogether, right?

I think doing it manually and having it done properly is worth the 5 minutes it takes to do it, for peace of mind's sake anyway. That way I know 110% that I have the ability to "restore" my irreplacable assets when they mysteriously "evaporate" .... something potentially devastating that I have experienced only here ......ya think?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X