Linking to a PowerPoint presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to a PowerPoint presentation

I am a Teacher and trying to create a website that my students can go to and review animated PowerPoint presentations related to the lessons out of the book...

I have created drop menus and titled them all
    for example there is a drop down under alg 1 chapter 1 lesson 1.4... I want to link that to the Powerpoint presentation that I create to go with 1.4....

How do I do that? I have tried browse to file, and navigated to there... but when I view in browser, it doesn't link there?

I'm not publishing because SUPPOSEDLY my school district will host it on the school site... not sure if this is the problem?

Thanks to anyone who can help a desperate teacher!
    Tamzon

Re: Linking to a PowerPoint presentation

When you say your not publishing, do you mean you are not uploading the powerpoint presentation to your site? I am assuming that you have a VodaHost account and a domain name yourself. You must have a Vodahost account in order to publish the bluevoda webbuilder. So assuming you have all of that.....

1. Go to your dropdown menu and select the alg 1 chapter 1 lesson 1.4 item. Click on edit over to the right.
    2. The description should be in the text line
    3. Most likely the link type will be http:
    4. In the url you would type the path to where this powerpoint presentation is located. So as an example the url would look something like this:

Now, what you need to know from the School District is exactly the name of the url where they have this powerpoint presentation stored. That is critical for this link to work. And you must type it EXACTLY as they give it to you. It will be case sensitive. They may also have it in a sub-directory in which case it may look something like this: http://www.schoolsite.com/directory/filename.ppt.

You will need to publish your site in order for all of this to work, obviously.

Hope this helps.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
    X