PDA

View Full Version : Search tool

AntonyN
08-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Hi Guys

I was wondering how to set up a search tool on my website for people to search content within the site. Does blue voda have this tool or do I have to find it somehwere else and install?

Thanks

Antony

AJ113
08-06-2007, 07:32 AM
You could use Google's search tool and get paid for the results.

AntonyN
08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I know about putting the google search tool onto the site which allows visitors to search other sites without leaving yours. What I wanted however was a search box for searching within my site itself in order for visitors to find content from my site (searching for authors on a quotes website for example).

Thanks

Antony

Tom vR
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
This is what you are looking for. An answer by Bethers: Website search box like Google (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-general-issues/22635-website-search-box-like-google.html?highlight=search)

AntonyN
08-06-2007, 02:39 PM
That's fantastic, thanks a lot. Just what i was looking for.

Antony

Bethers
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm glad that someone finds my past posts when I'm off on vacation :)

Antony - you can see freefind on both my pinata and A Child's Palace stores in my signature, if you want to see it working. I'm using the free version at this time.

Tom vR
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Yes Bethers, now you can answer them again. It was easy to do an Advanced search for Search per user name Bethers as I knew you had some of these post and I took first one that popped up. Welcome back.