Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link popularity question...

Hi there,

I use to check the link popularity with ´submit express´ and it was showing a growing number up to a month ago: 840, 980 then 1290. I was happy with that: people that I don´t even know linking to my site!
    But this is changing now. It started going down since last month and today´s number is 579 (links to my site).

Does anyone know how it works? What can be the reason for that?

Many thanks iun advance,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Re: link popularity question...

Please ask "Submit Express" to tell you what their program does and what its statistics mean. Im betting they did you a free service, and now wanting to charge you for better results now that the free time is over.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,
      This service is free. Just go to their site.

Do you think that because I have google adsense and my link pops up when someone goes in google searching using a particular keyword I have that big amount of links? But now....

Maybe now google (and sites like ´submit express´) doesn´t take into account these types of links anymore (advrt. links).
      They would count only the links you have permanentely in any given website. Does it make sense?

Thanks,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Well it makes a sorta sense, but I dont use that service, and in general each service has their own definition of things. In general link popularity is the measure of the quantity and quality of the sites linking to you. Perhaps you had some unsavory links or they updated what they considered relative or added content to your site. Another reason is googles PAID link penalty. They no longer count the paid links, like ads as quality links.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And you need to realize, that the links to you are constantly being "rethought" by se's. If they don't think a link is worthy, they no longer consider it. Also, some links just disappear, etc.

As to what these services show as your backlinks - since Google won't tell you how many backlinks it really shows for you - chances are they can't get you the real numbers either. And if links are coming back from advertisments, chances are they aren't counted if the se's know it's a paid ad.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X