Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get links to open in new window...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get links to open in new window...

Hi All.

I am trying to get my text links to open in new window, but no matter what I do here it opens in the same window.

Can anyone please tell me how I will get them to open in a new window?

Best Regards
    Yvonne12

Re: How to get links to open in new window...

You will have to use html and publish it in html box. Its been a while since I have used html but someone in BV can help.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hey Yvonne

Type this into an html box replacing the text with your site and message.

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/"target="_blank">Visit My Site</a>

Hope this helps

Comment

Are you talking about your text menu or text you have linked(hyperlink)?
        I don't konw about the text menu opening in a sepereate window, but when you insert a text link, you get a choice of targets, and if you select 'blank' your link will open in a seperate window.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanx guys for your answer. But this is not working either. Tried to insert the html you provided Phil but it looks weired when you use a new "square" to insert this. I tried to go to the html tag that are in the box where the text is written ( the text I want to open in a new window) but the html code that are inside of Soho Launch is not the same as for instance in a word document after you make it to a webpage. So cant insert the html code there either.

When it comes to the _blank you don't have the option to choose this in Soho. It is possible in BV but Soho is a different system there. In Soho you can choose to link to a page within your domain, an external page or mailto.
          The only one that is opening in a new window is the mailto option.

Thanx for your answers again. If you have more suggestions on how to fix this I would be very grateful

Best Regards
          Yvonne12

Comment

Sorry Yvonne

Did not realise you were using Soho. Don't have any experience in that department.

Best wishes

Comment

Yes YOU CAN do a link in soho and get those options. Open a text box, type in what you want your link to say, and either click the html box on the tool bar.. its right under the font drop down on the new soho editor.. now you can edit in html and fix your link.. or.. you can do the link as you said above and after its in there you HIGHLIGHT The link in the text box and right click properties, you can now do a NEW window from its drop down box in that editor.

I do this all the time in soho and everywhere else, its a matter of working with the software.

If you still have the older version of soho, on the text editor there are three tabs on the bottom .. html view is the middle one you can edit there too.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X