Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum new user registration

Hi,

My new forum is up and running, but when I try to register as a new test user, it comes back with 'The confirmation code you entered was incorrect'.

On the form that you fill out to register there is no section about confirmation codes!
    Does anyone know why this is/how I can delete the use of confirmation codes or make it show so people can enter it?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Forum new user registration

jon,

That conf code is cripted ..it's listed on the page it has to match.

Comment

You can disable it in the admin panel under the config

As a side not, the confirmation code isn't entered at registration. Once a user registers an email is sent out with the confirmation code. This guarantees a valid email address for all users.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Can you tell the purpose of the secret code??

Comment

I did, it is to verify that a user has a valid email address. If this feature isn't enable anyone can register with an email like "123456qwerty@ThisIsACompletelyFakeEmailAddress.co m"

and they would still be allowed to register and use your forums.

If its enabled, an email would be sent to that email address. A user would have to login to that email account, check for am email sent by your forum, and click a link, or enter a activation code on your forum, which is the only way to verify that the email address is real, and controller by the person registering. Since its fake, they can't check the email, and they can't use the forum.

Helps to keep sketchy people off of your website, and to prevent spam

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Watdaflip,

Thanks for breaking that down for me!! Now I really understand..here's
            another problem I'm having:

I have been setting up practice registrations. To get a look at the
            conf emails to see what they look like. I have (2) different email
            addresses i have been using....I get the conf email to the .com address
            but no conf email to the .net address. Is there something I need to
            configure to change this?? Is this because my .net email address is
            consideration the conf email from my forum SPAM and it's blocking it out?
            I could lose many potential forum users if they're not getting my conf
            email to activate their forum accout.

Thanks Watdaflip...your help is greatly appreciated

Comment

There forum isn't doing anything to prevent an email to be sent to the .net. Check your spambox on the .net email address. Also try to have the email reset (when you login without having activated your account it should give you a link to have the activation code resent).

Register/Login Script

Comment

hiii how areyou guys...I need your advice about my site, I got articles about digital camera in my site.. so please visit www.digitalcameraku.blogspot.com.
                hiii my name is hilman from jakarta..I need your advice about conten in my site so please visite my site www.digitalcameraku.blogspot.com thanks guys
                It's a lonely old world out there, don't you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous View Post
                  It's a lonely old world out there, don't you think.

Quit reading and chew .... lmbo ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X