First published site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First published site

Hi, I published my site today, it is still quite basic,but I could do with some help and advice.How long does it take before your site can be seen.All I can see is a women I swear I do not know.

John

www.julieannejewellery.co.uk

Re: First published site

*AHEM*

Apparently, you have not yet made the DNS changes at your domain provider to "point" to the VodaHost servers you say you have published your site on.......THAT is why you are seeing a "placeholder" web page, provided by the registrar of your domain.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your help, It seems I've got to register my domain name in the good old England as well. I certainly didn't realize that
      John

Comment

Originally posted by john1951 View Post
        Thanks for your help, It seems I've got to register my domain name in the good old England as well. I certainly didn't realize that
        John
        No....you need not "dually" register your domain name: simply go to the Provider you purchased it originally from, access your "Control Panel" there, and go into where you can change/set "Nameservers"..... that is where you manually enter the paired servers of your VodaHost account.

Example:
        Your Account is on Voda4 (70.86.224.210 ... the same server you publish to in BV)
        So, you will then enter these paired nameservers: NS5.VODAHOST.COM and NS6.VODAHOST.COM

Thus, when traffic finds your domain (you need not move it from where it is now) it will automatically re-direct those visitors to the properly configured servers at VodaHost that has the web pages to present.

For further explanations and detailed step-by-step Tutorials on how this process works and how to make the necessary changes easily yourself , Click Here
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X