Background music to loop continuous on entire site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background music to loop continuous on entire site

I am building a new web site and would like to continuously play my background music even when the user clicks on different pages in my site.

Right now I have it set via page properties to loop the sound file for just the index (home) page. However, when you go to another page the music stops.

I believe I might need to use frames to accomplish a continual, all site sound looping effect. Can someone please help me with this?

My web site is still under construction and not published with my domain name yet but here is my temporary domain...

Thanks!
    Dee :)

Re: Background music to loop continuous on entire site

Hi, only an idea! But this site/popup maker will make a pop up on page load .http://www.ahfb2000.com/popupmakertool.php you could place your music in the popup & when a visitor go’s to another page, the popup will stay in the background but continue playing. There has been a few threads about this, bit I am not sure if it was ever sorted out.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

I used that site link you sent me to build a pop up. Great tool! Thanks!

The pop up is working.

Only two things ... the music doesn't play the whole length. It loops but it is funky that it cuts off in the middle of the song. The music is inserted in the page properties like I had before. Not sure why it's not playing the whole length now. (I attached a screen shot as an example from BueVoda.)

The other thing is... I was concerned about making the pop up invisible because if someone's PC blocks pop ups or they exit my site but don't know the pop up is still open, they might get frustrated not knowing how to close it.

Right now it's a small pop up window that basically says to just minimize to continue the background music. I think this is a little cheesy but not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions about making the pop up invisible and to lengthen the sound playback?

Thanks,
      Dee :)

Comment

No guarantee, but java popups aren’t quite as bad for being stopped., & I don’t think you will be able to make it invisible unless there is a script that minimizes on load?
        On the only playing ½ the music. I can on suggest that the full file hasn’t been uploaded to your server. May help anyone having a look, if you can post the page url.

Cheers.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Okay, great ... that was the problem with the music, the file didn't load all the way. It is working now.

I changed the pop up to require a click to open it, otherwise each time you go back to the home page it launches another pop up and starts playing the music again while the other one is still playing... (eeek).

It sure would be nice if I didn't have to do it that way, but that's the only thing I can think of to solve the problem.

Do you know how I can make the pop up button appear on my page where I want it to and change the text on the button?

I'd like it to say something like, Click here to enjoy background music.
          I'm guessing I'd have to change the html instead of pasting the pop up at the <HEAD>, paste it somewhere else in the html where I want it positioned... just not sure if I'll mess up other of the html for that page if I play with it.

HERE IS THE POP UP TEXT:
          <HEAD>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
          <!-- Thanks to Nic Wolfe http://fineline.xs.mw -->
          <!-- Begin
          function popup(URL) {
          day = new Date();
          id = day.getTime();
          eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,men ubar=0,resizable=1,width=25,height=90');");
          }
          // End -->
          </script>

<!-- STEP TWO: Use the following button code for the new window -->
          <form>
          <input type=button value="Open the Popup Window" onClick="javascript:popup('http://75.126.169.142/~byhjfhi/popup.html')">
          </form>
          <!-- Script Size: 0.73 KB -->

(Here is my home page ... I'm still playing with the template design ... I know all the pages don't match yet.)

Thanks for any suggestions.
          Dee

Comment

Working...
          X