Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment Forms

Hi,

Is there any way I can create automatic comment forms (like on youtube), that users can fill in. I'd like the comment to appear under a picture or a video, but so I can delete them if they are inappropriate.

Or should I just set up a normal form that sends me the comment via e-mail, and add the comment myself on bluevoda?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Comment Forms

Hey Jon

I think you should set up a form as shown in the Tutorials then comment yourself on Blue Voda.

Why?: Because unless you set up a secure form your site will be spammed with unrelevent comments.

By using e-mail you can edit the comments and simply delete the spam.
    Just my thoughts!!!
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Phil. I was thinking this may be the best way to do it, but it will take up time that I don't have. I was hoping someone might come up with some amazing programming that allows me to quickly accept or decline comments before they appear on the site. But I guess thats unlikely!

Thanks for your comments.

Jon

Comment

There might be something on hotscripts.com for a general comment use. Websites like youtube have custom scripts setup that are fully integrated with the rest of the website.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks. I'll check that out.

Comment

The start is always a form. However, you need a database driven script: the comments from the form get stored in the database, and then they appear on the page. You can have full management on the comments by entering the database administration interface.

A standard BV guestbook could do the job. However, monitoring is always required to avoid spammers. The email method will save you spam, but will add manual work
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks navaldesign. I think the guest book is perfect but I'm having trouble making it work. The tutorial assumes you know how to upload guestbookdb.php - what is this and where do I get it?! There seems to be general forum confusion about this too as I look around!

Thanks,
              Jon

Comment

You DON'T need to upload anything. When you insert a gustbook in your page, BV will automatically upload all necessary files. You only need to customize your guestbook as for style and admin password. It might give you an errorwhen you first visit the page online, but this error will disappear as soon as you make the first post (I.e. "Please post your comments here! "
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks alot! That would explain why there is such confusion, the tutorial is unclear as to wether you have to upload it yourself!
                  Thanks,

Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X