Microsoft Publisher Websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Publisher Websites

I built a site in Publisher 2003 - Does anyone know if this is some version of Front Page - ? I am looking for add-ins, flash-forms and components, but not finding much info out there as far as compatibility? Any help, thanks.

Re: Microsoft Publisher Websites

Publisher and FrontPage are two entirely diffrent things, Publisher is more for creating print publications.
    George Fountakos
    VodaHost
    www.VodaHost.com
    Your Website People
    +1-302-283-3777 USA / Canada / International
    (0044) 020 8816 8319 / United Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by George
      Publisher and FrontPage are two entirely diffrent things, Publisher is more for creating print publications.
      OK, I built the site with Microsoft Publisher 2003 (schedule-a-court-reporter.com)

Comment

I don't think that they have what you are looking for. Yes, you can build and publish
        HTML pages with Publisher. But since it is not originally designed for that purpose,
        all the extra goodies you are looking for are probably not available.

BUUUUT, I coud be wrong...Try doing a Google search.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Your "Contact us" page made my IE crash....
          Anyways..Publisher is if you want a basic web presence but they do
          have some tools that you can add if you can copy and paste html code
          Frontpage is the more powerful of the two you can pretty much do whatever you want with it...

Comment

I have been using Publisher for my news letter to members of my Association. The problem with .pub file extension will not open anywhere else except publisher. I have tried a simple webpage with Publisher and cant find it to work with Front Page or any other html editor.

Cant understand the rationale behind Microsoft's thinking as the program is an island unto itself.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Microsoft didn't use publisher to be a major web-builder. As stated above, it's for basic first pages or an entry position. It works off a different editing system.

And doing what they did doesn't make it bad - publisher is first and foremost for doing ads and print ads. And BV won't work in Front Page either - they are stand-alone systems.

All have their good and bad points - depends on what you want to use them for. I don't suggest Publisher's web-building for a major website - but I have used it to play and get ideas of things I wanted to do - before I had BV, of course.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Is there noway BV will work in Frontpage? Frontpage isn't anywhere close to having the nice graphics that BV does. However, BV will not host the type of website that I am interested in, which forced me to use another program.

Comment

What web builder are you using ..
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Like Bethers said, FrontPage is only for small website purposes. Microsoft no longer makes the FrontPage software because they are now focusing on something much simular to Dreamweaver called Microsoft Web Expressions .. to me it sounds like they want to compete with Adobe, hehe .. because they are also making simular products to Fireworks and more..
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                    X