X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help.

hello.
    im new to webhosting and stuff

I want to know how i can add search engines to find stuff in the site..

ex: as this forums has the search option and quick links option.

please can someone send me a link on how to?

Re: need help.

With basic html webpages the closest you can get is adding a google search bar to your website. The search like there is on this forum is database driven. Meaning when you do a search the database is queried for the keywords. On a website that isn't database driven, there is no way like this to do a query. So the easiest way is to use google, and sorry I don't have a link to any instructions on adding it, perhaps someone else does.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Yeah.. the way your site is made, you won't be able to put something high end or high tech that would work like what you think you will get, what you can do is get this..

Free site search engine. Add a site search engine to your website today, for free, in less than ten minutes. Choose from Free and Pro site search engines.
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Actually, there is a software utility/service that performs "Search" function in a manner far and above what is seen in directory or network services such as the mentioned Google and "freefind" tools*, and even better than DB (database) driven tools as would be seen in most eCommerce solutions (shopping carts).
        *Be cautious about installing any stand-alone "free" or "freely distributed" utilities on your website, due to malicious scripts and hidden malware.

There are plenty of free independent (and safe) scripts out there to do just what you are calling for (despite the above comments), but only one Preferred Provider that I know about (the same one to optimize and serve some of the biggest brands in the world) that offers the top of the line true functionality >>> Mercado Software, out of Pleasanton, California.

Visit them and take a gander....LOL.....you'll see!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X