form not saved as php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form not saved as php

Hi there, for 2 days I've been battling with the basic form as shown by your tutorial. I've done everything right on "contact" page and thank you page..as according to the "tut", saving as .php. The next step in "thank you" page, when it comes to saving as HTML the php code it asks to copy and paste in header...is not there. I've tried everything I could...using the tut reference on my main page as well as individually.

This is all the code I get in Thank You

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>Thank You</title>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
    <style type="text/css">
    div#container
    {
    width: 800px;
    position: relative;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: left;
    }
    body
    {
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div id="container">
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

This is all what I get on my contact page...
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>contact</title>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
    <style type="text/css">
    div#container
    {
    width: 800px;
    position: relative;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: left;
    }
    body
    {
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div id="container">
    <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:15px;top:15px;width: 380px;height:150px;z-index:5" align="left">
    <form name="contact" method="POST" action="action.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form1">
    <input type="text" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:200px;top:25px;width :144px;font-family:Courier;font-size:19px;z-index:0" size="16" name="email" value="">
    <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:200px;top:70px;width :144px;font-family:Courier;font-size:19px;z-index:1" size="16" name="name" value="">
    <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:120px;top:30px;width :50px;height:16px;z-index:2" align="right">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">email</font></div>
    <div id="bv_Text2" style="position:absolute;left:115px;top:75px;width :80px;height:16px;z-index:3" align="right">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">name</font></div>
    <input type="submit" id="Button1"" name="Button1" value="Submit Now" style="position:absolute;left:230px;top:105px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:4">

</form>
    </div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

There is no .php extention..

Re: form not saved as php

O, let's take things from the start:

1. The form page doesn't need to be php. So you can publish it as a normal page, with the html extension that BV by default assigns when publishing.
    2. The Thank you page instead needs to be published as php. To achieve this you need, in your thank you page, to go to Page Properties, and from there set the page extension, when published, to be .php
    3. In this thank you page, you need to paste the php code that comes with the tutorial. You will find this code UNDER the multimedia tutorial. Just scroll down the whole forum page of the tutorial, and you will find all the necessary steps.
    4. A very common error that new users make, is this: they set the form action to be "action.php" but they save (and publish) thsi action page as "thankyou". The form action MUST be the same as the thank you page name. So if your thank you page is saved as "action" and published as "action.php", the FORM action needs to be "action.php". If instead the thank you page is saved as "thankyou" and therefore published as "thankyou.php", the form action MUST be "thankyou.php".
    The name is NOT important, the important is that, in any case, the form action IS SET TO BE THE SAME AS THE THANK YOU PAGE NAME.

Asi said, read the text UNDER the multimedia tutorial, it is all explained there step by step.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: form not saved as php

Thanx Naval...I read your post over and over, although I knew what U meant, I had no idea where to find what U were talking about. Dumb **** as I am, I kept looking in my html view source for the code, not realising that it was actually on the tuts page, at the bottom.
      Now if I had scrolled down on the tuts page in the beginning, I would have seen it....duh.
      Thanx for your reply, I got it sorted now...:)

Comment

Working...
      X