Metatags and google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metatags and google

Hi. I have submitted my website to Google. On my website, most of the text is in gif images so they dont have different positions on different internet explorers. Some of them are just normal text (on the contact page, some on the 'showcase' page.

I can only find my website on Google by typing www.focalpointpictures.co.uk or all the words on my contact page (text that is not gif) "For questions, enquires and quotes please email: contact@focalpointpictures.co.uk"

I want to keep my text in gif files, but i want people to find my website on google by typing in the keywords. I have filled in all the 'metatags' but they do not work. I typed all my metatags for one page into google and nothing came up.

How can i make google recognise my metatags rather than the text on my page.

Thanks.

Re: Metatags and google

Hi, the site looks fine, but there is not much for the SE’s to find. You have also gone with to many keywords on some of the pages. 20 & less is usually ok. Think what a visitor would type in to find your site.
    Would you type in any of the word below to find your site?…….

At, Focal, Point, we, pride, ourselves, on, offering, you, extraordinary, at, extraordinary, prices. We, are, a, new, and, upcoming, production, group, that, can, provide, you, with, an, outstanding, package, of, whatever, you, desire, whether, it, be, a,
    performance, event, or, promotional,

41 of the above words don’t really relate to what your site is about.
    You would need more words like Film, Video, photography, Hertfordshire, UK, & so on. All of these words must be in the page.
    This also applies to your images. You have one with a url of….
    http://www.focalpointpictures.co.uk/CHEETHAM%20(482%20x%20271).jpg
    Once again would a visitor enter CHEETHAM%20(482%20x%20271) as a search.??
    May be better as
    http://www.focalpointpictures.co.uk/ paul-cheetham-dawn-cheetham.jpg

Good luck, its all an interesting learning curve.

Oh! have you named & published your home page as index all in lower case letters??? The link above didnt seem to work.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi. So are you telling me that search engines only recognise the text in the page and not the metatags?

Most of the text in my website i have transformed into gif images to stop them moving around in different peoples browsers. I want to keep them this way.

I wanted the Search Engines to recognise the metatags rather than the text on the page.

If this is not so then metatags are pointless? no?

Comment

Hi, No, all areas interact together. The search engines wants to check that what has been given as a meta tag, is relevant to the pages content. That also one of the reasons for <h1> <h2> tags as a relevance of the pages importance of a particle topic. All the SE’s want to do is send its customers to the right place by having a few checks on the content that it is correct to the m/tags that are posted.
        Have a read of Beth’s book; it will give you some good guide lines.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi. Ok im going to correct it, but does google update my page onto the search engine?

Comment

It will on its next visit.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

With all the people doing surfing, etc using small hand held devices - some of those won't see images, either - so today - text is still king - and that means real text, not images :)

As Chris stated, the se's will come back - and when they have more to see - they'll update. (Hi Chris - long time no talk!)

Good luck to you.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X