Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Views

Hello -

I've been with Blue Voda for a year now and love the build it yourself website capabilities.

My website http://www.themerrybird.com has been viewed by over 2400 people and most tell me they like what they see while others tell me that there is an issue with fonts. I have save many text spots as images but still there is an issue. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue. It really takes away from artist license.

I explored and found that different pc's present different views of my website. This is discouraging since uniformity is very important.

What's your view - I'd appreciate your time!

Kristine

Re: Different Views

The font issue is a common one that frustrates many.
    If you use any font other than a 'web-friendly' font, you will undoubtedly encounter this problem.
    Unless your viewers have the font you used installed on their computer, theirs will default, usually to courrier, or something like that.
    Here is a list of web friendly fonts:
    A list with the common fonts to all versions of Windows and their Mac equivalents, useful when creating websites.

Unless you use one of these you run the risk of having your site looking much different than you planned..
    Good Luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Kristine: I have IE7 and I have a truck load of fonts stored on my computer, so I see all of your text fonts just fine. The only page I had a problem with is your sample fonts page. It appears you have those as an image, but one that has been resized to fit the page. I clicked and saved that image and placed it in a blank bv page and it is a huge image. I would suggest possibily redoing that page so that your sample fonts fit nicely in the area you have alloted without the final image be resized. It is hard to see those fonts as it is now.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

And ... don't forget to "tweak" your website for the two most common browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox - different browsers will give a different appearance .. so you need to fine tune between the two ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the advice and tips- very useful! I'll definitely check out the font list that is compatible....

How can I tweak between browsers? I use Internet Explorer.

Kristine Sheehan
          The Merry Bird...pen,ink and design

Comment

All I can see that can be fixed very easily is a little bit of side scroll. Other than that, everything works and looks very good.
            Mike
            www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

I agree about the side scrol and I also noticed that a couple of pages seemed to be a bit short(like the page is too short).
              Other than that it looks fine. Good luck

Chuck

Comment

Lovely website and pages. I love it. There is a uniqueness and originality in
                your presentation.

The fault if I can say is a fault are the dark blue fonts on your index page does not go well with the dark red background, maybe a Light Pink font will
                stand out better.

The comment to your fonts could be directed to your font page which I will agree is not well presented.

An alphabetical indexing style with the actual shapes and style of the fonts
                will enable you to exhibit a much more comprehensive list than the one you are having is very limited in choice.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                X