The "Success" and "Failure" url's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Success" and "Failure" url's

If we're using Paypal Donation button, do we need to create our "Success" and "Failure" links and pages in BV or are they already created in Paypal ?

Thanks in advance
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Re: The "Success" and "Failure" url's

That would depend on how you set up your paypal and rather or not you had them return to site to complete the order, and rather or not you scripted to track this and generate an email to you as a completion. Usually paypal notifies you of payment and you either have to configure a thank you page on your site, or on paypal.

In the case of no sale, its usually not configured when using paypal, unless.. youve scripted to track this.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

What happens, if I am not filling uo those spaces for "Succesfull payment URL" and "Cancel payment URL" ?

Unfortunately, the last part (of setting up the PayPal payment option) is not very clear to me and the PayPal website is even more confusing with its " Instant Payment Notification Preferences"

What is the easiest way in BV (not in PayPal Profile) to get the PayPal button function properly?

All your input would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Vodafan
      www.lexxebb.hu/english.html

Comment

Welcoming solutions from any forum supporters. The earlier, the better.

Cheers

Vodafan

Comment

Voda,

Sorry. Ive only played with the paypal on BV, but, you still have to set your preferences in paypal for what you want it to do. You can do a paypal page and insert your header and choose some colors, or you can do a return to site url to a page on your site. You do need a business or premier paypal acct for this and not just the standard user ebay thing. Its still free.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have a Premier account. I have one item to sell. Put the paypal buy now button on website. It works, takes the buyer to the paypal paying site. I can not test it further unfortunately, because I can not pay to myself, the system warns. So I can not see, what this Successfull payment and cancel payment pages do. Do I have to set them up or even without those customers will be able to buy?

Comment

If I set up this Successfull Payment URL, what shall be on it?

Comment

Hello;
                Karen is correct you have to set up your profile at Pay Pal and it is my advice that you use the Pay Pal code and paste it in your site, but you have to make the decision. You can be creative with your success page and cancel page. Here is an example of one:
                www.scanportonline.com/success.html
                Hope you succeed.
                Mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                  Hello;
                  Karen is correct you have to set up your profile at Pay Pal and it is my advice that you use the Pay Pal code and paste it in your site, but you have to make the decision. You can be creative with your success page and cancel page. Here is an example of one:
                  www.scanportonline.com/success.html
                  Hope you succeed.
                  Mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info
                  Hi mrm,

I used the paypal buttons provided by BV. Which Paypal code shall I use? Could you be please more precise. My pain is, that I can not really test, whether I set up the PP profile all right or not, because PP will not let me to "buy from myself", ie. can not check, whether the settings are ok or not. Do I have to set " Instant Payment Notification Preferences" or the system will work without it also?

I think my biggest problem is, I still do not undertsand clearly, how the technical side works with PP installed on my website.

Cheers

Vodafan

p.s.: I hated to be in the army...but here I am going up the ranks fast :)

Comment

Originally posted by vodafan View Post
                    p.s.: I hated to be in the army...but here I am going up the ranks fast :)
                    It is never about simply being in the Army (it is definitely not like going to "Camp" with a bunch of neighborhood friends) as much as the ultimate personal satisfaction of serving with honor and distinction, right??
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      It is never about simply being in the Army (it is definitely not like going to "Camp" with a bunch of neighborhood friends) as much as the ultimate personal satisfaction of serving with honor and distinction, right??
                      Never felt that, behind the iron curtain, to tell you frankly.

Vodafan

Comment

Hello;
                        After several trials and errors, here is what I did and the buttons are working well.
                        1. I opened a merchant account with PP
                        2. I set up my profile as to what I wanted the button to do
                        3. I clicked on the link for "add to cart"
                        4. I filled in the information as to name, item #, shipping, tax, etc.
                        5. I choose the "add to cart" button provided by PP
                        6. I copied the code provided by PP
                        7. I opened a HTML tool that is provided by BV on the top left of the side tool bar.
                        8. I placed the box where I wanted it on the page.
                        9. I opened the HTML box in pasted the code from PP
                        I saved the page and published it, then tested the page live by hitting the "add to cart" button. If all links well and you go to your Add to Cart page on PP, you can assume that all will be ok.
                        You can always ask a friend to buy something and then you can credit later.
                        I hope I have helped.
                        Mrmagoo144
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                          Hello;
                          After several trials and errors, here is what I did and the buttons are working well.
                          1. I opened a merchant account with PP
                          2. I set up my profile as to what I wanted the button to do
                          3. I clicked on the link for "add to cart"
                          4. I filled in the information as to name, item #, shipping, tax, etc.
                          5. I choose the "add to cart" button provided by PP
                          6. I copied the code provided by PP
                          7. I opened a HTML tool that is provided by BV on the top left of the side tool bar.
                          8. I placed the box where I wanted it on the page.
                          9. I opened the HTML box in pasted the code from PP
                          I saved the page and published it, then tested the page live by hitting the "add to cart" button. If all links well and you go to your Add to Cart page on PP, you can assume that all will be ok.
                          You can always ask a friend to buy something and then you can credit later.
                          I hope I have helped.
                          Mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Dear mrm!

Thank you very much for going into all this trouble for me.

Since I have only one item to sell, I used the PP button provided buy BV.

You can check it here: www.lexxebb.hu/english.html

I was thinking, this would be the simpliest. Do you think it is better if I go all the way with PP and do not touch those buttons provided by BV?

Comment

hello the only problem that I saw with what you did is that once they go to Pay Pay they are gone out of your site. If that's ok then you did the right thing.
                            Nice site by the way.
                            Mrmagoo144
                            mrmagoo144
                            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                              yes...the Marines certainly made me a better man.

I set up the Paypal process this morning for my site: www.thai-land-house.com and it took all of 1.5 hours.
                              I found it easier to use Paypals buttons and html.
                              Won't know for sure if it works until a payment is made.

Thanks everyone for all your input and information.
                              I knew absolutely nothing about setting up a website before joining Vodahost.
                              Thai House Plans
                              Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Working...
                              X