Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Bank Account Vs. Paypal/Google

Hello!

I'm soon going to be opening a business, and of course I'll need to accept credit cards.

However I've looked into some merchant bank accounts like the ones from Monster Merchant Accounts and Wells Fargo. Since I'm going to be starting very small, I'm not too inclined to pay all those fees just yet.

However...

Do you suggest I get a MBA nevertheless?

I dont think customers would mind overly much exiting my webpage for a little bit to do checkout through Paypal/Google.

But is it more worth it open up a MBA?

Any help would me MUCH appreciated. Thanks so much for reading this! =)

Re: Merchant Bank Account Vs. Paypal/Google

Without knowing more about your "store" it's hard to answer this. Many, many people are using Paypal to accept payment. However, there are still people out there who don't purchase via Paypal. Personally, I opened a merchant account immediately when I took my stores on line. Today, I might have thought a little longer about it - as each year Paypal gains more respect - and now there's the Google Check-out option also.

Depending on how fast you expect to be able to grow your sales, will also depend on whether or not a merchant account will be more worthwhile.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have decided to go with a paypal account for now. MBA were too expensive and here in France too much paperwork. I think as Beth says Paypal is gaining more respect and too be honest I prefer to pay people using it. Also the buttons are in BV and it made it that little bit easier!
      You have got to weigh up the pros and cons. I am offering payment by cheque as an alternative to the paypal option.

HTH
      Debbie
      www.mylastwishesinfrance.com

Comment

I know my reply is a bit late, but, thank you for your opinions and help! I think I've decided to go for paypal for atleast now.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X