PDA

View Full Version : Creating a printable off line Order form

Billy Darnell
08-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey guys, I am sure some one out there knows how to do this because blue voda has one that someone put together.

Here's what I want to accomplish- I want a button [ order Form ] that takes the customer to a printable order form, allows them to fill in the required information, which they then can print out,and mail along with their payment to me.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to accomplish this, or assist me in the process? I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks , Billy
www.billydarnell.com (http://www.billydarnell.com) - need this to be done on the albums page

Watdaflip
08-16-2007, 03:51 AM
I haven't seen the offline form, but most are made in Microsoft word or some other program of the kind and then converted to a PDF format. Theres free tools like primopdf to convert files to a pdf

Billy Darnell
08-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Yeah I looked at the properties and it said it was a microsoft word product, I'm not much of a computer programming person, so i am looking for a step by step process to help me complete the project, but thanks for the insight . I appreciate it.

www.billydarnell.com

Watdaflip
08-16-2007, 05:11 AM
It doesn't require being a computer programing type person to make an offline form, you just need to be able to know the a button with a B is makes text bold, I makes it italic, and U makes it underlined.

Basically you just have to do a bunch for formatting. Making words bold, to create the lines for people to write in stuff either make a line of spaces, and then underline the spaces or just use underscores.

Billy Darnell
08-16-2007, 05:46 AM
ok thanks for the info watdaflip

Collectors-info
08-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi, if you make a page up using the BV form tools. You can than allow your visitor to just print it out via a print button & fill it in by hand. Or let them fill it out on line & then be able to print it & manually add a signature if wanted. Sample here (http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/form%20for%20printing.html).

Billy Darnell
08-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Very nice Chris, and thank you, thats exactly what i need. One question?? How did you do the print button? I mean how do you configure that? I didnt see it in the form video?

Billy Darnell
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Well as usual I Have sat here for over an hour waiting for a response, and as usual I have had to a work around , that I guess will suffice. Thanks anyways.

Collectors-info
08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Glad to be sufficed.

Good luck.

Billy Darnell
08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey chris, just wanted to let you know your example was a help, would have liked to have a print button at the bottom of the page, but i guess they can always go to the print funtion on their tool bar and print it out, But thank you , your the one person in the 4 or 5 weeks I have been here that had an answer that actually made some sense and was truley helpfull. thanks bud

iscuba11
09-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi, if you make a page up using the BV form tools. You can than allow your visitor to just print it out via a print button & fill it in by hand. Or let them fill it out on line & then be able to print it & manually add a signature if wanted. Sample here (http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/form%20for%20printing.html).

Would you please supply me with the steps necessary to make a print button - coding behind it. Thank you much in advance!

Fred

Collectors-info
09-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Would you please supply me with the steps necessary to make a print button - coding behind it. Thank you much in advance!

Fred

Hi, pop the code bellow into an html box on your BV page.

<SCRIPT Language="Javascript">
/*
This script is promoted by: (www.webbiesite.com)
for dynamicdrive.com
*/
function printit(){
if (window.print) {
window.print() ;
} else {
var WebBrowser = '<OBJECT ID="WebBrowser1" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';
document.body.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeEnd', WebBrowser);
WebBrowser1.ExecWB(6, 2);//Use a 1 vs. a 2 for a prompting dialog box WebBrowser1.outerHTML = "";
}
}
</script>
var NS = (navigator.appName == "Netscape");
var VERSION = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);
if (VERSION > 3) {
document.write('<form><input type=button value="Print this Page" name="Print" onClick="printit()"></form>');
}
</script>

WSBlue
09-20-2007, 06:33 AM

/*
for dynamicdrive.com
*/
function printit(){
if (window.print) {
window.print() ;
} else {
var WebBrowser = '<OBJECT ID="WebBrowser1" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';
WebBrowser1.ExecWB(6, 2);//Use a 1 vs. a 2 for a prompting dialog box WebBrowser1.outerHTML = "";
}
}
</script>
if (VERSION > 3) {
document.write('<form><input type=button value="Print this Page" name="Print" onClick="printit()"></form>');
}
</script>
HI! C0llectors,
How or where to change the font or color of "Print this Page"
Thanks.

iscuba11
09-20-2007, 07:38 AM

/*
for dynamicdrive.com
*/
function printit(){
if (window.print) {
window.print() ;
} else {
}
}
</script>
if (VERSION > 3) {
}
</script>

Thank You Very Much Chris - Worked Like A Charm!! Made My Week A Whole Lot Less Frustrating!!

Peace And Love,

Rev. Dave