I'm finally ready.....I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm finally ready.....I think

Ok you clever people. Would you do me a great big favour and look at and critique www.mylastwishesinfrance.com ? As far as I am aware there is only one link not working, the one to the form. I am open to all suggestions and comments, please, don't hold back LOL.

Debbie

Re: I'm finally ready.....I think

Maybe you could space the text slightly away from the bullets as you have done on the Your Rights page.

This is purely a text information site and I don't say there is anything wrong with that, but a couple of suitable graphics would surely contribute.

When I browse quickly from page to page using the menu buttons, there is a lot of earthquaking going on, everything (header image, menu bar and shapes) move slightly. It might be a good idea to align them in such a way that they don't jump when browsing from page to page. Also look at your Next Page and Home Page links at the bottom of the pages.

At a later stage you may want to look at Navaldesign's php method of creating a menu bar. It also applies to header images and other items repeated on other pages. Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Otherwise, well done.

Couple of tips for allignment between pages:
    Use the View >> Snap to grid.
    It might also help if you just put a blank shape on the first page, then align one of the items with it. Then CUT the blank image, open the second page, use the Edit >> Paste (no other paste option) to paste the shape in the exact location as on the first page. Now align the item on the 2nd page with the shape. CUT the image agsin and repeat procedure for rest of page. Naval's option is of course still the best.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

I disagree with the suggeston for more graphics on this site: there is nothing to "sell" here.....the theme of the site was carefully and tastefully addressed with the simplicity of the dandelion, and communicates the information perfectly.

Lord knows, the purpose of the site is emotional enough as it is!

Beyond some of the textual/grammatical suggestions that hold merit, I cannot see much room for further improvements.

Nice job!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

you have done a good job ... only comment I woul like to add is maybe consider justifying your text on all pages and making your text boxes the same width on all pages ... well done
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi, its all looking real good & simple to follow.
          Ditto with the bullets. Need a bit of space between them on a few of the pages.
          Could possibly do with the word Introduction at the top of the page.
          There is some movement in the page transitions of your shapes & text.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you all for the comments. I am not sure yet how to stop the tremors but I will work on it. I have read Navals single menu and have it marked in my too do list. (I have advertising deadlines to meet now)
            Just one question the next page and home page at the bottom of the page need looking at, in what way?
            All the other improvements I am working on today.
            I did consider adding more images but what would I add? a coffin?,church?, a body?a candle? and what is not religous? I did think about having "in the arms of an angel" running on a loop!! I have had a real giggle developing this idea and site but I have to bear in mind that my clients may not have the same take as myself. VBG (very big grin)

Debbie

Comment

Hi Dandia,

Next Page, Home Page at bottom of pages: They just move from page to page. It will be better if they can stay in the same position.

About the graphics: No, definately not sensitive stuff. I was actually referring to something small, like a book, legal icon, document icon, etc. But it is really no big deal.

If you have a hard time with the tips of aligning the items to prevent movement from page to page, then just ask and I will give more handy tips to make easy.

Otherwise, your site is really very good.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Tom I need some handy tips! Some that will take about 10minutes to fix.LOL I hadn't thought about a legal document image...that is worth thinking about.

Debbie

Comment

I do not have BV installed here where I'm now, but let's try.

1. Delete your header image, shape and logo (whatever you have there) on all pages except the index page.
                  2. Open the index page and select the items in (1) above.
                  3. Copy them to your clipboard.
                  4. Open the next page.
                  5. Select Edit >> Paste (not any other paste option). It will paste the items on exactly the same loxation as on the index page.
                  6. Paste them in the same way on all other pages.

7. Repeat all the above with the menu bar, but here is a twist. Once you have pasted it on each page, select and cut it on each individual page and paste it back on same page with Edit >> Paste. This will ensure that you do not have any formatting problems with the menu.

8. Repeat step 7 for your Next Page and Home links at the bottom pf your pages.

9. Repeat steps 1 to 6 for the blue shape behind your content text.
                  10. Repeat step 9 for the flower.

11. Create a vertical shape on the index page and align it flush with the beginning of the text. Then cut the shape and use the Edit >> Paste to paste it on all other pages. Now align the text with these shapes and delete the shapes as you go along.

This should do it in about 20 to 30 minutes.
                  One day when you do the php option, you will not have to do all this.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Tom
                    I have a rv at 14.00 it's 13.34 here in France so will start when I get back later this afternoon.
                    Thank you
                    Debbie

Comment

I forgot to mention. Rather repeat the second part of step 7 for all shapes that you have pasted from the index, should they not look right after publishing. Test one or two pages first.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Hi there Debbie

I couldnt find fault with your site which is quite unusual for me ....

I liked the soft background colouring, easy lay out easy to follow instructions and relaxing not over clutered earth feel of the site.

Personally speaking i wouldnt add any coffins angels or any other religious symbols to your site over clutter this site and it will look like a joke site or a 7 day Avanglist site yuck.... Your site is organic anyway you can always add later if you need to

Good luck with it
                        best wishes
                        Mirelle

Comment

Michelle

Thank you for your comments. I have found this very interesting what different people see. I have also asked 10 friends to review it. 7 said it was great, 1 said he couldn't send an email because he uses hotmail not outlook express, 1 said she thinks I should do an about me page and why I am doing this business ( a freind died in a car crash here and her funeral was awful. She was a bright shiny penny and didn't speak French. Her funeral was conducted only in French with two ladies reading from a bible with their coats on. I must admit it was cold but the whole thing was grey and awful and left me feeling really sad for her. She should have had balloons and party poppers....she was that sort of girl.)
                          Anyway I digress and my last friend told me the text box was not the same size on every page as well as the feedback left by the other kind people who have reviewed the site.
                          So my conclusion.....web sites as life come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and everyone likes something different.
                          Thank you for you comments
                          Debbie
                          PS Tom. I am going to get some help doing the PHP thing which is cheating ....sort of.......but it has been offered I am not too proud to accept. <VBG> x

Comment

The PHP is the far better option. It is quick to set up and you will not be disappointed. It just works great. I agree fully with one of your friens about the sizes of the text boxes, but also, as mentioned earlier, they are not in same location on all the pages, causing a lot of movement when browsing fom page to page. The same with all shapes and the flower. Good luck in fixing this, and post again if you need help with PHP.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

...and the reason why most people did not see the movement of objects, is because they went through the site only once and it takes a moment for the pages to load and then you will not see the movement. If you go through the site a second time, once all pages were loaded, then you se the movement VERY clearly.

Enjoy PHP.
                              Bless you
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X