PDA

View Full Version : Uploads not being sent to upload folder

willc
08-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I made an upload button that sends a file to my /public_html/uploads
folder, but nothing is showing up there.

this is the code Im using

<?php

// Receiving variables

@$email = addslashes($_POST['email']);
@$upload_Name = $_FILES['upload']['name'];
@$upload_Size = $_FILES['upload']['size'];
@$upload_Temp = $_FILES['upload']['tmp_name'];

// Validation for max file size

if ($upload_Size>0)
{
if( $upload_Size >1000)
{
//delete file
unlink($upload_Temp);
header("Location: error.html");
exit;
}
$uploadFile = "uploads/".$upload_Name ;

@move_uploaded_file( $upload_Temp , $uploadFile);
chmod($uploadFile, 0644);
$upload_URL = "http://www.me3ddd.com/uploads/".$upload_Name ;
}

//Sending Email to form owner

$mailto = "sales@me3ddd.com";
$mailsubj = "Logo Upload";
$mailhead = "From: $email\n";
reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
$mailbody = "Your Logo was uploaded successfully :\n";
while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
{
if ($key!="submit")
{
$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
}
}
$mailbody .= "upload: $upload_URL\n";
mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

header("Location: thankyou_page.html");

?>

I followed everything from the tutorial.

navaldesign
08-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Please provide a link to the form page.

Why don't you simply use ABVFP ? It will upload the files and also attach them in the email that you will recieve.

willc
08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
AVFB form only allows for 1 upload file, How do I edit if I have several upload files?

navaldesign
08-18-2007, 07:08 PM
ABVFP allows for UNLIMITED uploads, just the example form that comes with the zip has one. You may add as many as you like. Just add more upload fields in the form.

As said, this is an example form. You may build your own form, as you like it.

willc
08-18-2007, 07:09 PM
oh...and I also need other elements like drop downs and chk boxes..so this may not be the way to go

willc
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
how do I edit the form..I dont see an option to add elements

navaldesign
08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
oh...and I also need other elements like drop downs and chk boxes..so this may not be the way to go

Maybe you have not read carefully the ABVFP features. It will process correctly ANY form, with ANY type of field, including multiple selection dropdowns. In fact, there is no type or number of fields that it can not process.

The form is made in BV. You can find it under the "BV pages" folder in the zip. Just open it in BV and edit it. Or create your own, as you like it.

willc
08-18-2007, 07:50 PM
George dont I need to edit the uploadaction form to reference the files in the AFPB folder?

navaldesign
08-18-2007, 08:12 PM
What do you mean "uploadaction form ?"

If you use ABVFP you simply create a form as you like it, set it up with ABVFP as per tutorial, and you are done. ABVFP can process an unlimited number of forms, you simply set up each of them in the ABVFP database, as per tutorial. The tutorial is also included in the ABVFP zip.

willc
08-18-2007, 11:17 PM
George Ive completed the form in Voda but how do I enter a hidden field. WHat do I select?

navaldesign
08-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Double click the form, and when the Form properties dialog box appears, the bottom part is about hidden fields. Click on Add and then give the hiddeen field the name "Formid" EXCACTLY as you see it here, and as value give it 2 or 3 or whatever is the number that ABVFP cp has given you when you set up the form.

willc
08-19-2007, 12:22 AM
now when I click the submit button the URL shows
http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP/errorpage.php
with nothing on the page. Where do I find this code?
I checked my upload form and it has my URL

navaldesign
08-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Will, you are not helping me help you. Please provide the form URL so i can have a look at what you have done. And there is NO code that you need to find. Just create your form, publish it, and set it up CORRECTLY using the instructions.

willc
08-19-2007, 01:06 AM
George, I hope this is what your asking for
http://www.me3ddd.com/uploadform.html

you snd like Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire when he tell Cuba Gooding the same thing...

navaldesign
08-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Good one.

However, it seems that you have mistaken some hings:

1. the email field MUST be Email-Re and not Email-RF
2. The checkboxes and the position fields have {} at the end. Why ?
3. Your form submits. However, it then goes to a 404 Page not found error. Almost certainly, you have mistaken the URLs of the thank you page and the error page. If you wish, use myform to send me the pages links as well as your ABVFP username and password and i will fix it for you.
You will have to edit the mstaken field names yourself as i don't have access to your site

willc
08-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Got confused with those {} which is whats used on Flash actionscript...where do i chg the URL's to point to the right pages....appreciate you doing it for me but if I dont do it myself I wont learn..so how much time do you spend helping us numnuts?

navaldesign
08-19-2007, 02:10 AM
When you installed BV you have set a username and a password. At this point, type in your browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP and login with your username and paswword. Select, from the next screen, what you want to do. If you have already configured your form, you need to select the form from the dropdown, and then check the "Modify an existing form" radio button.
In the next screen, fill in the fields correctly with all the necessary details.

willc
08-19-2007, 03:14 AM
George

The TY page wrks but the load button which is configured in AVFB for max file size is 100k. I loaded a file larger than that but it gave me the TY page instaed of the error page

navaldesign
08-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Will, please take the time to read the FULL instructions. The filesize is defined by the user, in KB, in the same setup screen of ABVFP that i mentioned above. Just make it whatever you want..... If you look at the setup fields of ABVFP carefully, you will see that...

deanone1
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
how do I install ABVFP?

navaldesign
11-27-2007, 06:08 PM
If you have downloaded ABVFP zip, there is a Word file with a step by step tutorial. If you have not yet downloaded it, the location is www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php (http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php)