Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st website

Hi Folks
    After a few hiccups,our website is published. I realize there are still things to work on, e.g. product photo's, and setting Paypal, I would like your comments and advice as to how I can improve it. I'm not very technically minded,so please take it easy on the proper terms for fixing things.
    Thanks very much
    John

Re: My 1st website

Hey John

You have done a great Job. I would consider centering the logo at the top of the page or resizing the page to allow it to be centered.

I would use black text as opposed to blue as the blue is harder to read.

But your well on your way to building a great site. Your other pages load fine. Well done.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thanks for your advice Philip. I have altered the font colour and moved the logo. It does look better.
      John

Comment

Hi John
        Nice site, pages load fine, nice zoom of the product photos. Just a question, the counter on the left is that a web stat counter, or a link for the gourmet basket site? On my browser that counter looked a bit ghastly.
        otherwise you have done a great job, keep up the good work

thanks
        Mark.
        www.sharemarketinvestments.com
        empowering investors to achieve excellent returns with low risk

Comment

Hi Mark, I just went for the first counter I saw.It doesn't look good does it. I will have to change it.It is also a link,as i didn't pay for it, it will have to go soon
          Thanks
          John

Comment

hello;
            nice job - as for stat counter - it is my opinion that the customer doesnt have to know how many people have visited your site. My suggestion is to use an invisible counter and statcounter.com has many options to choose from and it is free for the standard counter, easy to put in.
            The only other thing I would look at is putting a video on the home page so people do not have to read what you want to sell. If not a video put the ad rotator on the home page highlighting 9 of your best products.
            Mrmagoo144
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi MrMagoo,thanks for your comments. I have taken the counter off and I will attempt to put the ad rotator on.If anyone can advise me I will be gratefull. I'm not sure about the video, I would like people to look at the site and not smash their screen in fright. I had a look at your site it looks really good.
              Thanks for all advice
              John

Comment

John - I like your site. I was just going to say that it would be nice if one could zoom in on the pix -- and then I realised that one can! I also like the jewellery. I'm a ring person myself or I would be going for the tiger eye items.
                Good luck.
                Marilyn

Comment

Just a suggestion but I wonder if you could grab your user's interest in your website more quickly if you graphically list your menu choices. So instead of the menu choices to the left, delete them and show a picture of each category, e.g., bracelets, necklaces etc. Replace the text you have there now and put that in the "About Us" section. Remember to display your jewerly against a darker background so as to illuminate your jewerly.

Good Luck!

The Best myspaces on myspace.com

Comment

Hi Marilyn
                    Thanks for looking at my site, at the moment we don't have all our products on the site. We do use a lot of tiger eye beads and stone chips in our products, as well as other stones, e.g. amethyst etc. .the photo's were done using the lightbox, which helped by using small thumbnails and then making them bigger when selected.
                    many thanks
                    John

Comment

Hi koolspaces.com, thanks for your input. I think that's a great idea and I will try it very soon. I am working on the photo's , I used white background which didn't work very well so I am going to have to change them.
                      Many thanks
                      John

Comment

Good job. I would put some jewelry pics in your header on the first page. I also think the color choices in the header are a bit dull. Other than that, nice work. The jewelry looks very nice.

Comment

Hi Kenswift,thanks for your comments.Pics. in the header is a very good idea. The colour will have to be sorted out later. When I can improve the photo quality then I can add more to the site.
                          Many thanks
                          John

Comment

Your site looks good but I would recommend that you change the text on your home page. It looks a little squished together. Try adding a blank line between paragraphs to make it a more easier read for your visitors.

Great job though on your first site.
                            Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
                            www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Hi John,

· As a graphic freak I would love to see your best pieces displayed on your front page.
                              · Have a look at the lacking spaces with punctuation "fun,beauty" & "items,please" etc (home page)
                              · You don't have any keywords in place and consider placing your most NB keywords in your title eg "personalised handmade beaded jewellery"

Good start,

Cheers,
                              Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
                              Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
                              Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
                              BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                              X