Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is an acceptable ranking for a lil guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is an acceptable ranking for a lil guy?

I have been at a ranking of 3 for months now. At one point a few of my pages were 4's. Now I am a 3 straight across. I would love to know how to continue to improve this number. I am pretty sure I have most of the basics covered. Between VodaHost and Google webmasters tools.

That said I have been known to miss things. :) Sometimes big things, sometimes not.

If anyone out there can see something I am missing I would love your input.

Thanks~

Re: What is an acceptable ranking for a lil guy?

Time....how long your presence on the web has been felt.

Content.....how unique, how concise, and how authoritive your Content is regarded as a relevant resource for Searches (which shift according to trends).

Construct.....how you site compares to the Perfect Page standard, which is the foundation of website "relevance" and comprehensive metrics ranking.

Hard Metrics.....how your site is utilized by unique traffic and the importance (individual measurability based on many variables, such as where visitors come from, which link/type of link was used, what page/content they they arrived at, etc.) of that traffic in comparison to volume.

Dynamics.....how your site scores with evolving content (updates, changing focus, added resources, etc. --- not just the fact it has a forum or blog to provide that "feature," like in the old days) and the precise use of cleanly-coded elements (like a Flash header, navigation systems, scripts, etc.).

Relevance.......the overall evaluation of the seven major focus areas of every website and how it provides the reliability of results for unique Search requests: the whole purpose of Search Engines is to present information that it has deemed "relevant" to the queries entered, and this depends on the 'rank' it has assigned to websites in accordance to the level of compliance with current formulae.

Paying for position is only a means to project a website beyond it's deficiencies for a specified term, and is not worthy of any consideration for a sustainable program. Continually tweaking tags and Key Words is also a quick fix to manipulate the dynamic variables in order to minimize sub-standard or non-comliant construct or relevance. Paying for professional optimization is so much more than the typical combination of the above two that is promoted nowadays and that most are familiar with: it is really more about fine-tuning the very construct code and organizing the information logistics both on and under the page.

The short answer (if you are satisfied with the precision of you construct and Content) is time......and minor refinements of the "SEO" operatives you are capable of improving yourself. Give it time, and do the little tweaks when you have time.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Perfect Page standard ~ where is the best place for me to learn more about this Perfect Page standard?

Your information is greatly appreciated and exactly what I was looking for. Thank You~

Comment

Only a thought? Is it worth offering an commission to others that place a link on their site to you via an affiliation program. You may get quite a few more links to your site.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ecommerce sites have a harder time with rank, whats more important to you is where you show up in keyword listings and what page.. so keeping in mind google is all about content and information, where msn or yahoo does it slightly different, not much but some, you are relative for shopping or retail but not as relevant for info. People are overly OBSESSED with google.. if you note they rank themselves a 10 on the search page and theres nothing on there but google and the search box. So with that PERSPECTIVE in mind, as an ecommerce site, focus on maintaining your keywords in the first 10 to 20 search results.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X