Okay... WHO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay... WHO???

Who, from this community, placed an order at my web site and didn't enter a name, delivery address, or e-mail address?

It appears someone from this site in the U.S. (Detroit to be exact) ordered 2 items via my shopping cart, but did not supply an e-mail address or shipping address. Also, I have not seen the payment actually process through my Paypal account. So, I have not actually received payment either.

Sooooo... I hope whomever placed the "order" is NOT expecting any merchandise to arrive!

Maybe they were just "trying out" my cart???

Julie S.
    www.hanalynn.com
    www.hanalynn.com

Re: Okay... WHO???

Julie, Sorry you've had a problem with someone on your site, but two things I would like to point out -

1) Just because the person entered your site through a link from this one doesn't mean that person is a member of this community - there are guests on here all the time.

2) And more important, you need to find a way to plug those gaps so people can't manipulate your cart in that fashion.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Geez... I wasn't trying to offend anyone!

I'm in no way upset about it, by the way. I apologize if it came off that way. I was actually being a bit playful. I should have thrown in a couple of smiley faces or something. =)

I just wanted to be sure no one was REALLY trying to place an order. If that were the case, I wanted to be sure it wasn't my cart doing odd things. I posted here since this is where it originated, and I thought if it was someone here genuinely placing an order, they could let me know.

As far as manipulating the cart. Thanks for the advice, but there's no way to do anything different with the shopping cart I use. People can always just enter "x" or whatever for their address and stuff even when you make those fields mandatory.

There was no actual payment made, and judging by the way they went through to a certain point, I pretty much think someone was just trying out my shopping cart system cuz I have mentioned which one I use in response to some posts in regard to shopping carts.

No worries. ;) Lighten up on me here. =P

Julie S.
      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

It wasn't me ;)

Comment

Working...
        X