Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Rollover effect possible in BlueVoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Rollover effect possible in BlueVoda?

Hi

I am trying to get the same Rollover effect for before and after images like this site here ; http://travaux-renovation-ravalement...m/index-gb.htm

Is this possible because I cannot seem to be able to do it ! I like the way they open up in larger image on the same page.
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Is this Rollover effect possible in BlueVoda?

Can help you with this one if any good for you.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes please Chris!

I had a look at the link which is pretty much what I wnat to achieve- but how?

Paul
      www.direct2view.com
      client ID 10225

Comment

Paul,

Have you tried out the the Blue Voda Rollover tool?
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Paul, try this link. Any problems, just pop a post back here. You can play around with the image side of things. IE: if you want to roll over & the image to stay as the roll over. Just place the same url in on 2 parts of the code. You will see what i mean.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris - I'll have a go but sounds a bit daunting! I'll no doubt be back with a question or two!

Here's a question or two already, before I've even started! -

1. It seems like working with images is the thing that takes up too much of my time . I've got pixresizer, Irfanview, Picassa, Adobe photoshop, Corel paint shop pro, as well as WAG etc. What is the fastest and quickest programme to use to achieve the right results ? Any other tips? My picture files are all over the place at the moment !!

2. I've already read your very informative tips in your signature link but found that even when I've resized pics down to an acceptable pixel, that when I add them to my bluevoda page they are huge (in appearance only, not pixel size), and have to be reduced by their handles which can distort them. I know this is something that you mentioned in your tips that you dislike, but I can't see how to avoid that.

Thanks,

Paul.
            www.direct2view.com
            client ID 10225

Comment

OK I have fallen at the first hurdle already!

I've made two sets of images and filed them on my PC . I'm not quite sure what is the URL that I need to place in the html code that replaces your http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/300x194/9l.jpg code?

Do the images have to be uploaded to BV first, or do I just replace the above URL with the path where they are found on my PC ???

Also you suggest that the html box should be set as same size as large image - how do you do that as there are only the handles to set size on the html box.

Finally what sizes do I change the blue 300 width and blue 194 to ( I assume 448 x 336?)

Cheers

Paul.
              www.direct2view.com
              client ID 10225

Comment

You can doubleclick your image and that opens up a popup box. Select mouseover and click the image you want from your hard drive to rollover to. Continue doing this for every rollover picture you want.

The Best myspaces on myspace.com

Comment

Hi Paul, sorry was a bit slow. Had some live three phase electrical work that some of the guys didn’t fancy. Lol.
                  On reducing the images, I must get round to some notes for the forum on this.
                  PIXresizer is about the easiest. But what a lot of users forget to do is set what the size the final image size is to be. This is done by clicking one of the radio buttons above the custom size radio button. This is from 100% (image as it was before but lower in KB’s) Or! Lets say 50%. This will lower the image to half the physical size & also reduce the KB’s buy about a quarter again.

With the images you have made (& hopefully just 2 sizes) Upload these to your site in the same folder as the page they will appear on (Chances are, it’s the normal public_html)
                  Once these are at your sever you will have to choose one of the images to have on your page so when a visitor 1st lands there will be something to see. This could also be a completely different image of lets say your company logo.
                  With my one it is a duck. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/300x194/9l.jpg At this point it might be worth saying that you don’t have to put the whole url in. If the page is in the same folder as the images? The last part will do IE: 9l.jpg. This also apllies to all your other images. (Might save some typing).

So The Q&A’s are?

Q.
                  Do the images have to be uploaded to BV first, or do I just replace the above URL with the path where they are found on my PC ???
                  A.
                  Yes upload them 1st. Then you will have a url to work with. Buts as mentioned before, you can & if you want, just use the last part of the url.
                  Q.
                  Also you suggest that the html box should be set as same size as large image - how do you do that as there are only the handles to set size on the html box.
                  A.
                  It was more just for convenience on seeing where your image will fit on the page.
                  Q.
                  Finally what sizes do I change the blue 300 width and blue 194 to ( I assume 448 x 336?)
                  Correct! Or to what ever size you made the large images.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris

Much clearer now. I'm having to leave playing around with html code for a week or so ( orders from her indoors!) but will get back on it when I can so thanks again for all your help so far

- There's lot's of three phase electrics to play around with here in France, many houses are still supplied this way!

Cheers,

Paul.
                    www.direct2view.com
                    client ID 10225

Comment

Chris I am having problems here.

1. Uploading images to us on my site - How do I do this exactly? At present I log into my control panel and then find the public_html folder and then upload one image at a time ( laborious - why can't several be uploaded at once?). Is this the correct way of doing it? Also my folders are becoming messy and I seem to have images all over the place!! Should I create a new subfolder folder in public_html called "uploaded images" or something??

2. Once they are in my public_html /uploaded images folder - What is the link exactly for the image in first part of the code you gave me in (red). Would it be http://www.punchardrenovation.com/public.html/uploadedimages/448x336/imagefilename.jpg

I may be better off just using the BV gallery or lightbox as I seem to be struggling with all this - any help please?
                      www.direct2view.com
                      client ID 10225

Comment

Working...
                      X