PDA

View Full Version : iframe background

mwalsh62
08-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello,

I just looked back about a year and a half and didn't find a post about this.

I placed an iframe on my page, when previewing in IE, it appears as a grey box, in Firefox, it is transparent (much preferred). I tried adding allowtransparency="true" background-color="transparent", it did not work.

Any solutions? If possible, how can linked page be closed automatically and revert to transparent after viewing content (film previews)?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Tom vR
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Mike,

There are two components to an iframe.
1. The iframe itself somewhere on a page and maybe with other items on the page as well.
2. The source data for the iframe. This data is normally on a page of its own and must be positioned in the top-left corner of the page. On this page, right-click and select Page HTML. Click on the Between Head Tag tab. Paste this code in there:

<style type="text/css">
body {background-color: transparent}
</style>

Click the OK button.
Save the page and publish it.

Now back on the page described in (1) above. Size the iframe to the required size. Double-click the iframe. Give it a name and enter the url. Save and Publish the page.

I don't understand your last question. Could you explain that again please?

mwalsh62
08-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi,

The frame is for movie previews, and, if possible, I would like the target page to close when preview is over, rather than just sitting on that page waiting for next link to be clicked.

Thanks for the reply,

Mike