Pay Pal buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Pal buttons

Hello; The only dissappointment I have so far with Blue Voda is the Pay Pal link or association. I have not seen one website that uses Pay Pal that works correctly. I have used the add to cart button and don't see the "continue shopping" option. I'm told by Pay Pal that the code Blue Voda generates with the add to cart button is incorrect. I love the idea of using Pay Pal with the Blue Voda buttons but why can't we get this correctly coded? I could use help with this as I have to build a website that requires many add to cart buttons. Can some one finally help me with this. I have also looked at Mal's ecommerce package and the only thing I don't like is that I will have to link each button individually. Again, I have read and read and can't come up with answer.
    The site I am working on is www.videopostcards.info/scanportbarrettes.html

Thanks,
    Mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: Pay Pal buttons

Well.. how about you report this as a bug, and or put in a support ticket on it with paypals documentation to have it fixed?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello Karen;
      thats the first thing I did as I would think Blue Voda would like to provide professional and working buttons. They told me this was a design issue and to put my problem in front of the support staff - US to rectify the problem. I know this works as i just went to a site called www.vickswickscandles.com
      and all the continue shopping and links work great. What I don't know is if they used the buttons provided by Blue Voda.

Thanks,
      Mrmagoo144
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I have thoroughly examined the Add to cart code that BV creates and i find it correct. I also visited your page and the code of your own PayPal Add to Cart buttons seems also correct.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval;

I appreciate you looking into this for me. If you go to my page that I built using the "add to cart" button provided by Blue Voda, you will see that it links to my customer's account but does not show "continue shopping" option. Now, I have learned that Blue Voda doesn't make any mistakes, it usually is me that is doing something wrong. The bottom line is I cannot use Pay Pal unless it shows "continue shopping" button. I don't care what I have to do to get this right and appreciate all your help in my success.
          www.videopostcards.info/scanportbarrettes.htm.

Please be patient as the page takes too long to down load and Iwill fix that once I know what merchant I will use.
          Thanks,
          Mrmagoo144
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I can't see any errors in your buttons code. The Continue Shopping button in your PayPal page exists, but does nothing. I suggest that you do a simple test: create a Add to cart button, directly in PayPal's site, and embed it in your page. If with this one the "Continue Shopping" works, we can compare the code of the BV buttons with the one created in PayPal and see if there is any difference that would explain the problem.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Geesh Magoo... if you are getting a site OFF SOL id expect to see an improvement!

In the aol browser it says to continue shopping close window.. but in explorer it doesnt give any options.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Naval;
                I will try to embed an "add to cart" button directly from pay pal into a new page and will publish it.

Karen;
                I'm not sure what you said but if I can't answer it, it mustn't be important.
                Thanks, Mrmagoo144
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Lolol.. :).. Its ok.. some of us KNOW what I said!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Oh I see. I'm impressed! Thanks for all the support and help Karen.

Mrmagoo144
                    Can't see very well you know!
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Magoo,

I was telling you when i looked at your site, on the AOL browser it told me to close this window to continue shopping. So that part worked on AOL. If i used the explorer browser, it didnt give me an optoin at all of continuing to shop.

The SOL comment referred to whomever your client is.. or you, the site you are moving is an SOL templated and hosted SITE and you borrowed parts of the template from it to apply it to this site, and if it were me, id want something improved from that.

I think more than your eyesight is slipping yanno?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you for your input, but the SOL site is not the site we are applying the Pay Pal buttons to. We are trying to apply it to my site www.videopostcards.info , so I'm not sure what the SOL site has to do with this equation. The Pay Pal buttons do not work for us on the above site and as suggested by Naval I am in the process of embedding the code directly from Pay Pal to my site to see if the code is different from the code we get from Blue Voda.

As for the new look, the site is not done yet and I promise that when it's done I will ask you for your opinion.

Again, Thanks,
                        Mrmagoo144
                        Seeing much clearer now.
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Magoo

In your first post you referenced this...

I got that info from poking around on that page looking at your code and half the products linked up to the store its currently on. If you dont want folks to find it.. dont LINK it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Naval;
                            I finally have been able to make my point about the pay pal buttons provided by Blue Voda versus the buttons provided by Pay Pal.

The link to the page is:
                            www.videopostcards.info/paypaltest2.html

#1. is the add to cart button by BV
                            #2 is the add to cart button by BV but with my graphics
                            #3 is the add to cart button by Pay Pal using the ordinary button
                            #4 is the add to cart button by Pay Pal using my grahpics.

You will see how there is not a "continue shopping" option with BV but one with Pay Pal. I know you can figure this out as it is in the coding we are getting with BV.

Please understand that I am not complaining just hoping that we can get it right. It is very easy to use BV versus Pay Pal but my customer insists on "continue shopping" option.

Thanks for the help, Mrmagoo144
                            mrmagoo144
                            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Although BV provide the paypal buttons which is a huge bonus to all of us who use the program, you do still have the option to create all your buttons, add to cart buttons, etc etc from within your paypal account. Paypal has to be one of the easiest and most user friendly shopping cart system ever.

The BV program provides these buttons in a basic quick-to-use format which is beneficial if looking for a quick-fix to adding many products, however if you want your buttons to have more options and scope then I strongly suggest going via your paypal account route and click on 'Merchant tools'
                              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X