Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding php calendar script

Hi,

I have a php script for a calander based event handler (see attached zip file) that requires mysql database.

I created the database and uploaded the folder, calendarix_0_7_20070307, containing the php script files to root directory of website www.foreverfitpromotions.com but I must not have done properly as I keep getting the error message...........................

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'webcalendar'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/cal_db.inc.php on line 23
    could not connect"

I would be grateful for any help. Navaldesign, would you have any ideas as to what steps I have not taken or need to take?

Thanking you in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: adding php calendar script

I should take the time to install it, which i don't have. From the error message it would appear that the database login details that you have provided to the script are not correct. In the file cal_db.inc.php you will see these lines:

$db = 'cpusername_calendarix';
    $dbuser = 'cpusername_webcalendar';
    $dbpass = 'webcalendar';
    $dbhost = 'localhost';

So you need to change them according to your database details
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks navaldesign.

I have edited the php script as indicated.

The calendar is located at: www.foreverfitpromotions.com/calendarix_0_7_20070307

I now have a list of index etc. and with several errors in the index.php

Thanks for your help.

All the Best!

Comment

I don't understand. The script consists of many more files, and four aux folders (with yet other files), where are they?

and, did you create database etc ?

Did you try the php calendar that you can install from Fantastico ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign.

Thank you for your reply and I dont mean to keep you as I understand your busy.

Yes, I created the database and edited the file cal_db.inc.php to reflect the databse created in MySQL

I dontt understand either so I will try the calendar in fantastico as you pointed out.

Thanks & Regards.

Comment

I can see you have ONLY uploaded a few files. You need to upload ALL files with the same folder structure as in the zip.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Now I understand!!!!

I just checked the files that were uploaded in ftp and most had not transferred to the directory.

I have deleted and I am at present uploading the folder to the root directory using blue ftp.

I will keep you posted and again thanks for the tip on the other calendar.

Comment

Hi Again......

I have just uploaded the folder and all looks to be present.

I typed in the address into browse and received this error message......

"Warning: include(/home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/themes/default.color.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/cal_config.inc.php on line 174

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/themes/default.color.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/cal_config.inc.php on line 174

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/cal_config.inc.php:174) in /home/kdlrems/public_html/calendarix_0_7_20070307/index.php on line 17"

I will delrete the folder again and upload once more and if this fails then I will try the calendar in fantastico as you suggested.

Thanks & Regards,

Comment

No Joy!!!

Fantastico it is then.

Comment

val try this link....

www.foreverfitpromotions.com/calendarix_0_7_20070307

It has installed but with errors.

Comment

It seems that it can not retrieve some info from the database. Check again your database settings.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                        It seems that it can not retrieve some info from the database. Check again your database settings.

I deleted the MySQL database and re-done again but no changes in the errors.

Any other ideas? as all are gratefully received.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X