Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC's of SEO needed!

Hello to everyone.

Before I get any replies.. yes ive read Beth's SEO book (thank you beth). I was hoping for some help on how to get my page up on search engine results. Im clueless.. I cant even find the page, nevermind get it first on the results list.

1. how do i get my page listed on search engines? (Google seems to go *blank* everytime i try to submit my page)

2. So far ive added all my keywords and description text as <h>, but its hidden in my main/index page. (reason: to divert to main page address.. logical?) What am I doing wrong? I have actually done metatag and other analytical tools and most point out that im at 100%.

3. the company name is sometimes spelled in variation (ex. awadhi co, awadhico, alawadhi co, al awadi co, alawadi....etc.) How can I ensure that these searches still get me on the result list?

4. Oh ive just done all this yesterday... should i be waiting a while?

Can someone just start from the top and tell me how to get my page on search engines, and then work from there?

Here's the site, please have a look!
    www.awadhico.com

Domain name:awadhico.com
    Client ID: 17000

Re: ABC's of SEO needed!

Hello Haman

Unfortunately SEO is not as easy as putting up a web site with a few related keywords. There are other values Google look at.

Informative content (and lots of it)is a good place to start with Keywords relative to what people will search for. (This was probably in Bethers book)

Also inbound links from other similiar sites will help your ranking.

But if you need to get your site out to the masses you could try a Pay Per Click campaign with Google, Yahoo etc. I'm not sure if your familiar with Pay Per Click.

You can submit your site to the Search engines and I believe Vodahost still offer free submission to new accounts. But the search engines will spider your site eventually regardless of submitting your site.

But there are many ways to target traffic and there are some great topics here in the forum

Good Luck
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Well, you didn't take heed of anything I said in my book.

No, you don't want everything diverted back to your home page. Think of EVERY page of your website as the possible landing page someone might find. This gives you each and every page to optimize for DIFFERENT terms people might find you for.

I looked at your website and can't figure out at all what keywords a se might find you by - as the pages I looked at aren't optimized for any as far as I can tell.

Who is your market? What might they search for that you would want them to find you by those words?

Then, it's going to take time. Why should any of the search engines direct anyone to your site? What makes it better or more important in their eyes than any of the others with the same services/products? And you are new. That alone will be a mark against you. You need to research what your competition is doing. You need to research what your potential customers are using to find your competitors sites - and then optimize your site for those terms/keywords.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers for pushing me towards the right steps.

Could you please look into my website again? Ive tried to amend to place key text as headlines. Unfortunately i cant compromise any more style because headlining makes the text bold and so forth (ive tried to amend the font, as mentioned in the thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...light=headline, but it didnt work?)

Am I going in the right direction? What am i missing? I still cant find my website in any search engine, regardles of the fact that some key words are truly unique.. thoughts?

Comment

It will TAKE TIME to come up in searches. How are you trying to find your website? Using keywords? That will take time - a lot of time - and work.

Where did you put a headline? I find an h1 tag on your home page - of an image - which doesn't work!

If you followed the guidelines in the post you gave:
          <center><h1><font face="comic sans ms" size="4" color="#111111">Your Headline Here</font></h1></center>
          your h1 will not be bold. And you select the type text and color, etc. Or if you want it to be your default color and size:
          <center><h1><font size="4">Your Headline Here</font></h1></center>

And, again, you can change the size if necessary. But the headline should be at least one size larger than the rest of the page. And bold IS a good idea.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey Bethers

Hope I didn't get anything wrong in my reply to Haman. I'm still learning myself.

Comment

Phil,
              You did good. The only disagreement I'd have - is starting PPC - that can be very expensive if the right keywords aren't selected and the website isn't ready. But I do agree with using it - if done correctly. I've just seen too many rush to it before the site is really ready to sell.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I agree Beth. Developing your site so you get a natural organic ranking in the Search Engines far outways and other traffic method.

Comment

Working...
                X