Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up email provider

Hi everybody,
    I need to set up an email service for the subscribers of my new web.
    My subscrivers they need to receive and send their email, but I do not want them to use squirrel or horde, it can be complicated for some of them.
    Do you have any idea how to do it ?
    Your help will be very appreciated.
    Thanks
    Alas

Re: Set up email provider

OK, is me again, my problem is : HORDE is very complicated.
    First :you have to log in
    Second : you have to log in again and you have to choose your language , I live in Sweden, my PC speaks swedish, my wife and my kids too, but I don't, and when I change language HORDE doesn't understand me.

I will have more or less couple of hundred people that need to log in in to this web site and use it as email provider, basically I will not be able to follow up everybody and give them a username and password, it has to be an automatic process, like when somebody wants to have an email adress from hotmail, google, etc...

Has anybody out there have an idea how can I achieve this?
    Please HELP.
    For non speaking english people this kind of process, how to log in, log out,etc... has be a lot more easy then what HORDE is offering.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I see it as complicated.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Alas

Comment

You are NOT allowed to use your site as public email service provider. Please read VH Terms of Service
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, I did not know about it.
        I will have to restrict the access and give the mail adress only to the one that will be related to the business.
        Then, how can I have a more easy way for me and the others to read our email without going trhough HORDE?
        I have read the tutorials about using IncrediMail, but I did not understand if I have to download the software and where is avalable.
        Also once is downloaded will be that available for all the others or not?
        Thank you for your advice Navaldesign.
        Ciao
        Alas

Comment

Email counts can ONLY be setup through your CP. So you can only set them up yourself.

Once created, with a certain password, this (limited) number of users can have direct access through Outlook Express, which all of us have installed in our computers, or through any other mail client. Incredimail is nothing more than yet another email client, just like Outlook Express. So it is enough to setup the same email account that you have created in your CP , in your Outlook Express and you (as well as those few users) will be able to send and recieve emails from your desktop, without even entering CP or Horde.

Please note that email activity is automatically monitored, and if you go further than a certain number of emails per hour, you email account is automatically blocked.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I really apreciated your tips and help Navaldesign, one last thing, will I be able once I set up an email client to check my mail from anywhere in the world?
            I travel a lot, and I need to check the mail every day.
            Thank you one more time
            regards
            Alas

Comment

You can check your email from the entire world as long as the occasional ISP you are using does not block port 25 (some do). Even so, you can always use Horde.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks again
                Alas

Comment

Working...
                X