Trying to upload contact page with form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to upload contact page with form

Hi everyone, I am new to this and a little confused! See my site http://www.gayweddingsnerja.com

I have designed a customer contact form and have followed the instructions to the letter and I am now trying to upload it to the site as the contact page. However, it says it is published but does not appear on the site and replace the contact page that is there. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks Alan

Re: Trying to upload contact page with form

I really like your website and think you are off to a good start. I have a few comments .. hope you don't mind.

On your front page you have a 57 word sentence ... way too verbose ... I played around a bit a something like this may be better ...

We offer clients the best when planning a legal marriage, a blessing or any other ceremony - religious or secular. Our associates are selected with care so we can work together to offer you a service second to none.

I also notice your pages are unbalanced in the browser ... normally we try to stay to 800 wide and click centre in browser to centre the page when you see them on the web.

There is also a stray text menu on the right-hand bottom of the screen.

Something that may look good too is a border around the whole page to give it a finished look.

Keep up the good work .... hope everything goes ewll for you.
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Since we can't know what the old and what the new page looked like, we can't help. However, if you have used the same name for the page, it might simply be a cache issue: your browser keeps in it's memory the old version, and displayes that instead of the new one. Hit F5 some times and see if it refreshes.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I also like your idea. I would suggest making the logo image a bit smaller. Having your navigation on the left since or across on the top. Your visitors can see more of your site, and not making the header so large
        . Also your navigation doesnt show on the other links like 'Choices'
        Good Luck
        www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Comment

You have published your contact page as http://www.gayweddingsnerja.com/contactform.html contactform instead of contact. But the link in the menu is still contact.html. Edit it, or simply save / publish your contactform page as contact
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Dear Friends,

Many thanks for your comments and help, I have now managed to load the pade and all seems Ok. Thanks again, Please give comments etc as it all helps.

Thanks Again

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
              I really like your website and think you are off to a good start. I have a few comments .. hope you don't mind.

On your front page you have a 57 word sentence ... way too verbose ... I played around a bit a something like this may be better ...

We offer clients the best when planning a legal marriage, a blessing or any other ceremony - religious or secular. Our associates are selected with care so we can work together to offer you a service second to none.

I also notice your pages are unbalanced in the browser ... normally we try to stay to 800 wide and click centre in browser to centre the page when you see them on the web.

Something that may look good too is a border around the whole page to give it a finished look.

Many thanks for your comments they are helpful and I will change things as you suggest. Thaks Again Alan

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post

Thanks so much for your help and guidance really appreciated. Will sort out the problems and then you can have another look. Thanks Alan

Comment

Working...
                X