Why this happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this happened?

Why can't create a FOLDER anywhere on the computer which can be named as "CON".

TRY IT NOW ,IT WILL NOT CREATE " CON " FOLDER

Re: Why this happened?

Actually, this makes perfect sense if you consider the nature of the CON
    device. DOS had a number of reserved names for devices. Some represented actual physical devices, such as PRN for the printer and CON for the console (represented by the keyboard or screen, depending upon I/O mode), and others logical devices, such as NUL. In the case above, "trying to access a filesystem object called 'con'," you're basically trying to _open_ the console device. When used as an input,
    the CON device is the keyboard; as an output, it is the screen.

You also cannot create folders called:
    LPT1
    LPT anything upto 8
    same with COM
    Same with a number of others

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

well I never knew ... thanks for that ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Royb got you this time short and sweet Pak Biru.

Abu.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          Royb got you this time short and sweet Pak Biru.

Abu.
          Assalamu'alaikum wr. wb.,
          Well! explain about soal "con" folder. BTW, baca tidak, kurang lebih 2 minggu yang lalu, aku kena serangan dari si Botak / Gundul.
          Awalnya saya dikira wanita oleh dia, seperti photo dibawah ini.
          Dia kesal sejak itu dan selalu mengikuti posting saya. Orang bikin kacau dalam permainan game tidak apa-napa, tetapi hanya aku yang diserang. Benar-benar kurang ajar dia. Seandainya bahasa Inggris ku cukup bagus untuk menulis seperti dia, aku akan cukur dia habis.
          How is your Zuriat-zuriat website, almost done? Sebenarnya Bapak sudah umur berapa? Katanya sudah pension, makanya sejak itu aku sebut Pak Abu dengan Pak; tetapi posting Bapak seperti seorang pemuda.
          Yes, Maju terus.
          What you call pension dalam Bhs. Melayu?
          Fasting month is coming very soon.
          Thank you.

Comment

For those of you using Windows, do the following:
            1.) Open an empty notepad file
            2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
            3.) Save it as whatever you want.
            4.) Close it, and re-open it.

Is it just a really weird bug? ?

Anyone knows why?

Comment

Pak Biru,

Ada orang begitu buruk perangai nya. Selalu hendak merendahkan orang-orang yang lain sa olah-olah nya dia saorang yang pandai.

Orang begitu tidak perlu dilihat kali kedua. Lebih baik lupa kan saja mereka hidup.

Saya berusia 64 tahun dan sudah bersara [pension] tetapi hati dan fikiran masih muda lagi suka melihat wanita yang chantik seperti gambar dibawah
              thread kamu. He he! [Orang tua mata keranjang]

The Family Tree that I am undertaking is what one would call a Living Family Tree and it can only be done interactively with a genealogy software. The term living is akin to a "never ending story" as it will continue
              on and on for as long as someone in my large family is willing to take over and continue my work after I am gone.

A family tree program is more of a database builder with a limited capability for building ancestor and descendant charts. Due to this shortcoming I have to extend it's capabalities in the form of a website so that I can build up Family Albums, Galleries, Newsletter, Family Search etc. to make it more interesting. It is only interesting if you are really into the subject and it can be boring for the younger generation.

But to me the value is priceless.

You only realize too late after your parents and grand parents are gone that you should have asked them who your relations are besides your Auntie and Uncle?

My Family Tree will ensure that none of my family members will ever have to feel as I explained above as all the data that all my relatives had spent time writing down and collecting since 1919 are all in my family database which can be passed down to future generations.

Fasting Month [Bulan Puasa] is just round the corner and all good Malays are looking forward to it.

Salam,

Abu.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
                For those of you using Windows, do the following:
                1.) Open an empty notepad file
                2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
                3.) Save it as whatever you want.
                4.) Close it, and re-open it.

Is it just a really weird bug? ?

Anyone knows why?
                Yeah I read about that a couple years ago. It has to do with some bug with the text not being converted to ASCII correctly or something like that. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure that was the bug.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Try it in Wordpad.

What you type in and save is what you get when the file is reopened.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  State of Johor.

Comment

Matters not....Notepad is better, and it is a matter of saving the file extensions properly, not what application you use.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X