Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding MP3soundfiles to my site

Hi

I am new to BV and have just created my site. I wish to add mp3 sound files to it. Basic stuff, just need to have a button which when clicked , plays a windows media file, would prefer to see media player playing the file as well. I got this to work in preview mode by using a navigation button and linking it to a sound file (in my c drive)that I had saved in bluevoda but this will not now work now I have published my site.

HELP!!

Thanks

Paul

Re: Adding MP3soundfiles to my site

Hey,

Would be glad to help you out, can I see the link to the error please ^.^

Welcome to the forum!!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Jeremy

This is one of them, presume that any soundfiles I wish to use must be saved somewhere within my site so they can be accessed by anyone visiting. This doesn't work, except in preview mode as is directed to a place within my pc. how do I get my soundfiles onto my site?? this is completely new to be so it has a very simple answer... I have lot to learn!!

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\BlueVoda\Sound files\mymagoc#2.mp3

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hey,

Open BlueVoda, click on the Windows Media Player icon on the left. Then, you will need to double click on it and browse for the file you want to play. It can be either a video or sound.

Place it where ever you like and make it how ever big you want it or smaller. Then you can publish your site when its ready. It might not play in preview mode but you can always take a chance and preview it, but there might be something blocking it from playing because its in preview mode.

Once you publish it, go check it out and see if it plays. Doing this will automaticly put it in your server so it will play, no need for you to place it anywhere for it to play after that.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Oz... For a Media Player that plays with a button..place a media player on you page... right click go to Properties place the file name there... right click ..go to html and place this code before tag ... <embed src="yoursong.mp3"
          width="145" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
          </embed>
          You can size the player as you wish.. width and height..if you change autostart to "true" and the player will automatically play..."false" for viewer control... experiment with it... and have fun... Doug

Comment

Thanks Jeremy and Doug

Got media player to play but this is not what I am after. I dont want to see the media player box permanently on the page. All I want is a button which when clicked on opens up media player so it is now visible and plays a media player file. All get at the moment is media player showing all the time with no graphics and just the stop/ start buttons and time playing bar showing???? here is a link to the page on my site I am talking about . This is all I want anyone to see, until they click on the sound file button, then I want media player in all its glory with either the sound or graphics showing, to open up in a in a seperate window, play the file and thats it

www.didjnt.com/yidaki

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Sorry

www.didjnt.com/yidaki.html

Comment

Hi Oz... You can have it come up in a pop up window or an I frame.... So when you click on the the "Play Music" button.... up comes the player.. it's a little tricky to do but easy enough ....Doug

Comment

Hey Oz... Take a look at this thread..for more how to info

Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Working...
                  X